PDA

View Full Version : Have any of you used a Demagnetiser track

Clive197
22-11-2015, 16:41
I was wondering if any of you guys ever used a demagnetiser track from say Densen or Isotek for example. If so did you detect any differences.

I was given the Densen disc and have on occasion used it but hand on heart I haven't a clue if it has done anything. Is this a classic case of the Emperor's new clothes?

Tarzan
22-11-2015, 18:29
Clive, l use the Densen de-mag- it works however the effects are subtle, but for the money l suppose it is ok.

walpurgis
22-11-2015, 18:35
Demagnetising of what exactly?

struth
22-11-2015, 18:41
Ive got a Densen disc. I have found it useful(to my ears ((citations needed)) on occasion) ;) especially with older gear. I know, I'm obviously a moron:doh:

PaulStewart
22-11-2015, 18:45
Clive, l use the Densen de-mag- it works however the effects are subtle, but for the money l suppose it is ok.

I agree, subtle but worthwhile. I also use the Densen

Demagnetising of what exactly?

Geoff there theory is that magnetic fields form in all parts of the system and these tracks reduce them. It seems to work on all the systems I've tried it on. You pays your money...... If you come over again, (worth it to hear the system changes, Amp speaker cables and Xovers) we can give it a spin.

Desmo
22-11-2015, 18:50
I use the Tellerium Q disc - probably similar. Does no harm, and I quite like the sounds that it makes :)

walpurgis
22-11-2015, 18:54
If you come over again, (worth it to hear the system changes, Amp speaker cables and Xovers) we can give it a spin.

I'd be interested in that Paul. I have to say it doesn't sound a likely theory, but if you can convince me otherwise............:)

struth
22-11-2015, 18:58
I'd be interested in that Paul. I have to say it doesn't sound a likely theory, but if you can convince me otherwise............:)

make a convert of you yet Geoff:eyebrows: only takes a few mins every now and then. was always going to rip it to my pi so I could do that line too ...too much?

cloth-ears
22-11-2015, 21:43
I was wondering if any of you guys ever used a demagnetiser track from say Densen or Isotek for example. If so did you detect any differences.

I was given the Densen disc and have on occasion used it but hand on heart I haven't a clue if it has done anything. Is this a classic case of the Emperor's new clothes?

I’ve almost learned my lesson on commenting on such posts but as you asked the question (Is this a classic case of the Emperor's new clothes?) I will say only one thing. Ferrous metals contain iron and as such have magnetic properties. Although non-ferrous metals can be used to generate electromagnetic fields they unable to keep these properties once the voltage is switched off. You cannot demagnetise materials that are by their very nature non magnetic. Copper, silver, gold or any other alloy for that matter are non-ferrous. If you are prepared to pay someone money for a gadget that claims to be able to demagnetise materials devoid of any magnetic properties whatsoever then go for it. Otherwise save your money. Hope that helps

NRG
22-11-2015, 22:44
Well I'm intrigued I have to say how this disc demagnetises what are presumably copper or silver/silver plated speaker cables in Paul's system above...I suspect when you look into it the signal path in a system contains very little magnetic material vs non-magnetic....

struth
22-11-2015, 23:36
Some years ago we discovered that a strong signal from a signal generator sent through the signal path of an amplifier had a positive effect on the sound. A year later, having experimented with complex signals, we found an algorithm of signals that gave a stunning improvement in soundstage, transparency, details, musicality and dynamics for audio systems.

The reason behind this is that the small magnets in the signal-path become, with time, orientated in one direction. This produces a detrimental effect on the signal. The DeMagic signal actually relocates the magnets, and thereby breaks the magnetic field and its negative effect on the sound.

In 1997 the University of Seoul, Korea, carried out scientific tests that definitely proved the theory behind the DeMagic signal. Today the DeMagic has been sold in more than 100,000 copies worldwide and has become a must for any serious audiophile and music lover.

It is okay to be sceptical, but once you have tried it you will not believe the effect. The DeMagic is relatively inexpensive as well.

walpurgis
22-11-2015, 23:53
Blimey! That's just what Densen said Grant. ;):D

(I've been poking about on the net)

struth
23-11-2015, 00:00
http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/800x600q90/908/pM5bmp.jpg (https://imageshack.com/i/p8pM5bmpj)

;)

walpurgis
23-11-2015, 00:01
:lol:

mikmas
23-11-2015, 00:41
Well I'm intrigued I have to say how this disc demagnetises what are presumably copper or silver/silver plated speaker cables in Paul's system above...I suspect when you look into it the signal path in a system contains very little magnetic material vs non-magnetic....

Dunno, plenty of nickel plated steel pins and solder tabs in my pre/power amps along the signal path ... whether they retain a significant magnetic charge through time that can have any effect is another story ;)

Ali Tait
23-11-2015, 07:13
Had one for a bit. My take on it is that folk tend to listen to it do it's stuff, and as there is a lot of loud treble energy present, subsequently a change in the tonal balance of your system is perceived.

NRG
23-11-2015, 07:47
Dunno, plenty of nickel plated steel pins and solder tabs in my pre/power amps along the signal path ... whether they retain a significant magnetic charge through time that can have any effect is another story ;)

Yez but the solder ain't magnetic init. Like the use of the word theory in the description....I'll have to dig my old disc out and try it again sometime. ;) Component leads can be magnetic though...still wondering over those 'speaker leads of Paul's.....

PaulStewart
23-11-2015, 08:27
Component leads can be magnetic though...still wondering over those 'speaker leads of Paul's.....

Err, no I'm not using magnetic or ferrous speaker leads, I've changed them since the last time Geoff heard the system, so there is more for Geoff to enjoy on a visit than just trying out thr DeMagic. Having looked into the University of Seoul research through some contacts in Japan, it appwars they found the results through measurements, not just subjetive listening.

The new speaker cables are...... Somthing a bit special, despite being faily budget. To be revealed when I have written them up.