PDA

View Full Version : Classical Music day in Berkshire

montesquieu
22-11-2015, 01:09
I mentioned this on my other thread but thought I'd make it official with its own thread ... Assuming my new pre will be here by then (and I'm pretty certain it will be) I"m going to schedule another (mostly) Classical Music Day for Sunday 13th December. Starting around noon (I'll provide some food).

As before its' not really a bakeoff as such, just a chance to share some music - antidote to the usual bakeoff scenario where the one classical album of the day sees a run for the kitchen/loo/fag break ...

Jerry is confirmed and so is Scheiderhan (Matt), I'll have a mate there as well so can accommodate another 2-3.

See previous thread (http://theartofsound.net/forum/showthread.php?36652-A-Visit-to-Tom-s-Place-%28Montesquieu%29/page4) my kit will be

RFC Tannoy Canterburys
Radford STA100
Will's new prototype Radford Revival preamp
TD124 MkII / Fidelity Research FR64S / Miyajimas x3 - Shilabe (stereo) Zero (mono) and Premiu BE (78) - also probably a few MMs including B&O SP1 and Denon 109D with Shibata tip
Aurorasound Vida and Hashimoto HM7s
Audio Note CDT2/II and AN kit DAC 2.1x upgraded to 4.1x spec, DAC also fed by RPi with HifiBerry digi board

montesquieu
23-11-2015, 10:38
Unfortunately this will need to move to the New Year, I'll set a date soon as I can but probably mid-month.

eisenach
24-12-2015, 21:21
I'd be interested, Tom. My wife's elderly Dad is in Reading, so I'd be able to drop her off to see him as well. Please keep me informed of the date. I could bring a few discs, too, if you tell me what would be of interest. My collection centres on the baroque, esp. JSB.
Thanks, Martin