PDA

View Full Version : Hello

ScottL
21-11-2015, 18:19
Err, hello. Scott here. Relatively new, although I've been lurking around audio for the past 16 years or so.

Anyway, I'm primarily a naval historian, with a side-interest in speaker design. I suppose if I'm 'known' in audio, it's mostly for designing single-driver speakers for the DIY community. Frugel-Horn Mk3 is probably the best-known of them. I design multiway systems as well, although they're all commercial; Colin Topps and I have our Reiver Acoustic site, and I do some wider design work providing there are no conflicts of interest involved.

My baseline system tends to use a PC as source, through a Musical Fidelity DAC, integrated Rotel or Yamaha amplifiers, and a one-off pair of Jennas with a different tweeter and crossover design. Musical tastes run the gamut from jazz through rock and into folk. Mostly folk these days to be honest. I'll look forward to posting here & (electronically) meeting you all. :)

walpurgis
21-11-2015, 18:37
Hello Scott. Welcome to AOS.

Frugel Horn speakers are popular here. Several members use them, so I expect they'll be having a chat with you.

Any projects you work on would be interesting. You could tell us about them in the Drawing Board section and if you have system photos they can be added to the Gallery. They'd be welcome.

Enjoy the forum,
Geoff.

Puffin
21-11-2015, 19:07
Scottmoose:D

Hello and Welcome. It was 2006 when I was building my 10 Stone Fostex BLH's in the 208 Sigma cabs. Lots of helpful advice on Diyaudio from yourself and Dave Dlugos. Currently getting used to some Lampizator PL17's OB's.

Ali Tait
21-11-2015, 20:02
Hi Scott, nice to see you here, hope you are well. :-)

ScottL
22-11-2015, 20:38
Many thanks all; I'll look forward to waffling (as I do). ;)

Spectral Morn
22-11-2015, 21:24
Welcome to AoS Scott.

Barry
25-11-2015, 19:34
Welcome to AoS Scott,

You are a talented person: naval historian and part time speaker designer.

What are your tastes in music?

Enjoy the Forum

Barry

ScottL
28-11-2015, 22:45
'Catholic' I think is the phrase as far as music goes, although I'm more in the folk camp these days.