PDA

View Full Version : Greetings From Cornwall

sp10mk11
21-11-2015, 17:12
Hello Every one,
I am Gary I am in my mid 50s and very much a fan of Analogue sound equipment, I can service most analogue gear I come across, my present system is a modified Technics SL-110, aluminium arm board, Rega R200 arm with an Audio Technica OC-2 cartridge, Amplifier is a much modified Sony TA-8650 with matching ST-5950SD tuner. I have 3 tape machines, Sony EL-7 Elcaset, Aiwa AD6900 mk1 Cassette and Toshiba PT862D reel to reel, all this plays through a just acquired pair of TDL-RTL4 speakers.
Just to show I am not a total luddite I have Philips CD-610 in my workshop as a source:eek:

I am terrible for buying 70s gear servicing up and then letting sit there.....................

Gary

Alan D
21-11-2015, 17:39
Hi Gary,
Welcome to AOS.
Nice to see a new member joining from Cornwall, I dont think there are many of us!
I'm also mid fifties and now prefer vintage equipment.
Regards,
Alan

walpurgis
21-11-2015, 17:48
Hello Gary. Welcome to AOS.

Interesting and unusual selection of gear you have there. You won't be alone here if you like resurrecting seventies items.

Tell us what music you like listening to and if you have any projects, we'd like to hear about them.

There's a Gallery section for equipment photos which are always welcome.

Enjoy the forum,
Geoff.

Puffin
21-11-2015, 18:09
Where in Cornwall are you? I once stayed in Goon Gumpas:D

Welcome.

Puffin
21-11-2015, 18:15
I just Googled Goon Gumpas and got this:eek:

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i239/saxonsex/Goon%20Gumpas_zps50oljcn4.jpg

sp10mk11
23-11-2015, 13:39
Music that I listen to?
I listen to Radio3 on FM, but my musical tastes go back to the 60s when I was a lad, my dad was a musician (Sax and clarinet) so from him I used to hearing Jazz music, for my teens in the 70s a cacophony of bowie, led zeppelin. soul, supertramp, tangerine dream etc and through 80s where I started to like Baroque I never got into the "romantic" movement as I found a lot of it too heavy and sluggish. I like contempory music, well some of it.
I have no plans as such I will replace the capacitors in the cross overs on the TDL speakers. I have some old turntables (BSR) to service up and a few old amps.

I must admit I have never been to the bicyle tip at Goon Gumpass :-) although there is a lot of fly tipping going on

So chaps that's me at present

Gary

Barry
25-11-2015, 19:25
Welcome to AoS Gary,

You'll not alone in liking Baroque. :)

Enjoy the Forum

Barry