PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from Belarus

Khom
21-11-2015, 13:04
Hello evebody!

I'm Valery from Minsk, Belarus. Reading AoS forum about one year, signed two monts ago and now decided to write first post. My musical preference is 'old good' music from 70th-80th in different genre - Deep Purple, Pink Floyd, Uriah Heep, Beatles, ABBA, Bob Marley, ELO etc etc. I like also blues (especially Etta James), smooth jazz.

Analog source: Technics SL-1200 MkII with some improvements and update still in progress, I took a lot of ideas here and I want to thanks many people in 'Techiepedia' subforum. Phonostage - DIY balanced FET.
Digital source is homemade digital transport based on Cubietruck with installed headless Debian server (content stored on hdd) and DIY DAC 'Lynx D29v4' (Altera FPGA separator and 2*AD1853) connected to Cubie via I2S bus. Alloved bitrate from 16/44.1 up to 24/192. Transport controlled by IR remote and by Andriod devices.

Pover amplifier is DIY Nelson Pass' Zen-4 (class A). Acoustic - 3-way floorstanding cabinets with Visaton drivers.

Ah, cd-player Akai CD-55, but I forgot when it was used last time (maybe 3 or 4 years ago), I moved all cd-content to hdd and can listen it from my digital transport.

trio leo
21-11-2015, 13:11
Hi Valery,
Welcome to the AoS from me, nice to welcome another vinyl spinner, plenty of interest and advice on the Techie Turntable.

enjoy your music :)

cheers Al

Barry
25-11-2015, 19:44
Welcome to AoS Valery.

Nice introduction

We have a DIY section here, where we would love to see more information on your balanced FET phonostage.

Continue to enjoy the Forum

Barry

Eisener Bart
27-11-2015, 20:10
Welcome, Valeriy!

Khom
30-11-2015, 10:31
Thanks for warm words!
...we would love to see more information on your balanced FET phonostage...Will do it this week.