PDA

View Full Version : Hello from CODE Acoustics - We make high end speakers for sensible money!

Code Acoustics
21-11-2015, 10:40
Hello,

My name is Ceri and I've recently launched a company called CODE Acoustics. We make high quality DSP, active speakers here in the UK.

If you fancy having a look the website is:

www.code-acoustics.com

and we have a Facebook page:

www.facebook.com/CodeAcoustics/

This is a bit of a 'soft launch' as we're still waiting for our first production batch of cabinets. What you see on the website is some hand built prototypes.

We're a little different from your run-of-the-mill speaker company in the fact we sell direct from our website. Whilst many HiFi dealers are operated by great people and there is the added convenience, by not going down that route we can half our prices, with no reduction in quality!

Our cabinets are also pretty special. They're lacquered solid European Oak lamella - sourced responsibly. 15mm thick on the mid/high cabinets and 24mm on the bass, so pretty stiff! Much better than veneered MDF that a lot of the other companies use. By using solid wood, we can also put great big radius' on the cabinets, which is great for reducing edge diffraction. Something you can't do with a veneered cabinet.

We're just going through our final prototyping now, and should have units for sale in Mid December. We're based in Woking and are happy to provide auditions at our 'HQ'. If you do buy from us we also offer a 30 day no quibble money back guarantee.

Hopefully you can see a couple of pics of our prototypes below:

I don't want to waffle on too much here, but If you have any questions, comments, suggestion, we'd love to hear from you. You can use the forum or if you wanted to send us an email you can find us here:

Info@code-acoustics.com

Thanks for your time,

Ceri

Tarzan
21-11-2015, 10:57
Welcome Ceri, some great VFM products there.:eek:

walpurgis
21-11-2015, 11:04
Hello Ceri. Welcome to AOS.

I see you have started a trade thread. If you haven't already, can you please contact Marco the site owner regarding trade accounts.

Thanks,
Geoff.

Marco
21-11-2015, 11:06
It's all been sorted, dude :)

Welcome, Ceri, and best of luck with your new business.

As you seem to have grasped already, the best (really only) way to succeed here as a trader, is not simply to have fleeting visits, posting long (and often boring) lists of items for sale in your trade room, but to interact throughout the forum with other members, and become involved in discussions where, superficially, there appears nothing to be commercially gained, other than simply offering your opinion.

Like you said in one of your emails: "Life is about give and take and I'd be very keen to make sure I give as much input to the community as I take out." Precisely...If everyone here embraced those sentiments, forums, and indeed the world, would be a far better place!

The AoS ethos is very much centred around those sentiments: don't just take, GIVE something BACK to the community, which is worthwhile and constructive, and you will benefit from that accordingly.

I'm sure I don't have to tell you that in business people buy from those whom they LIKE first, before they buy the products they're selling, which is why it's imperative that the AoS members get to know Ceri Thomas first, before Code Acoustics ;)

As they say, you only get out of life what you put into it.....

Marco.

Code Acoustics
21-11-2015, 11:09
Thank you Tarzan, that's very kind.

Hi Geoff, thanks for the message. Marco has kindly opened a trade account for me and I'll be updating it over the weekend.

Cheers,

Ceri

brian2957
21-11-2015, 11:11
Welcome to AOS Ceri , we like good VFM on this forum and you definitely look like you're on the right tracks . Good luck with the launch of your new products . I'll be keeping a close eye on CODE Acoustics .

walpurgis
21-11-2015, 11:32
Hi Geoff, thanks for the message. Marco has kindly opened a trade account for me and I'll be updating it over the weekend.

Cheers,

Ceri

OK Ceri!

Those little drivers you have in the upper cabinets look familiar to me. Can't remember where from.

No. I haven't visited your website yet :).

Code Acoustics
21-11-2015, 11:54
Hi Geoff,

Those 'little drivers' are the Tang Band W3-1873's. Lovely drivers with a huge neo motor for a 3". They'll become our 'premium' option within our 'CUBE' cabinet alongside our 'standard' offering the TB W3-315E. They can be used on their own as high quality near-field speakers, or combined with our B281 / B282 speakers to go full range.

It's likely we'll also offer the 'CUBE' speakers with an optional miniDSP 2X4 DSP unit:

https://www.minidsp.com/products/minidsp-in-a-box/minidsp-2x4

For those that want the ultimate near-field option. Both drivers have the inherent slight rise in SPL as frequency increase. The miniDSP2X4 is used to just level the frequency response out a little.

That was probably a little more info than you wanted, but I get carried away!

Ceri

Haselsh1
22-11-2015, 13:18
Wow, I can see those mini monitor loudspeakers going sublimely with an ultra high quality single ended valve design.

Code Acoustics
22-11-2015, 13:34
Wow, I can see those mini monitor loudspeakers going sublimely with an ultra high quality single ended valve design.

Hi Shaun,

We've yet to hook them up to valves, but agree, that should be a winning combination! They've just got a really natural, unforced sound to them. We're working hard to have these available as quickly as possible.

Getting the drivers at a sensible price is one of the issues as to deal with TB direct they want an order of a thousand units, which is a bit eye watering for a start-up!

We'll put a post out as soon as they're ready to order, and we also offer a no quibbles 30 day money back guarantee, so you can order with confidence.