PDA

View Full Version : Why???

Jac Hawk
16-11-2015, 20:30
Maybe someone can enlighten me, but back in the 70's it was The Electric Light Orchestra, obviously shortened to ELO, so why now all of a sudden is it Jeff Lynne's ELO?

Tim
16-11-2015, 22:00
Maybe someone can enlighten me, but back in the 70's it was The Electric Light Orchestra, obviously shortened to ELO, so why now all of a sudden is it Jeff Lynne's ELO?

“It was a real thrill to play a full set for all those 50,000 people. It encouraged me to make another album and I have done it,” he says.

Once Lynne got home from the show he immediately started writing songs and finished the album’s eventual first single, “When I Was a Boy.” He once again took on most of the songwriting and recording duties. This time around he named the band Jeff’s Lynne’s ELO to be more direct and avoid any confusion. In 1989 original drummer Bev formed a group called ELO Part II and in 2000 The Orchestra, forcing Lynne to take legal action.

“I named it that because it’s always been my ELO,” he says. “I thought it would be good to shorten it for a change, as I was getting fed up with the longwinded Electric Light Orchestra name. It was a bit too long and cumbersome. There are other groups pretending to be ELO. I think this makes the distinction between the real one and the ones who pretend.”

Source (http://www.pastemagazine.com/articles/2015/11/jeff-lynnes-long-awaited-return-to-electric-light.html)

;)

Jac Hawk
17-11-2015, 08:40
well that explains it then cheers