PDA

View Full Version : Battery charger from LIDL

dave2010
15-11-2015, 03:23
Just bought a new battery charger from LIDL - price £12.99. Seems to be rather a good one.

Here is the manual - http://www.lidl-service.com/static/10918984/66148_EN_FI_SV_DA.pdf

Not the world's most thrilling gadget, but it does seem to work quite well, and does seem to react sensibly to the conditions of each battery inserted.

jandl100
15-11-2015, 07:15
... and does seem to react sensibly to the conditions of each battery inserted.

Very important, that.
I have a strong suspicion that mine doesn't - and it seems to quite rapidly send my rechargeable batteries into decline. :(
I've given up on them, tbh.
Maybe I'll get a LIDL one.

Oldpinkman
15-11-2015, 07:52
If you fancy one Jerry don't hang about. Both lidl and aldi regularly have truly wonderful bargains in for a few weeks promotion. If you miss them they will probably come round again, but never permanently. You have to keep your eyes open for what's in when. I have a really good enough stage fully automatic 12v battery charger I picked up for about £40 and a really good sds drill for the same sort of money. But you probably won't find either this week. You need to watch out for what's in ;)

jandl100
15-11-2015, 08:12
Yep, I know ... I'm a LAR - a LIDL and Aldi Regular!

dave2010
15-11-2015, 10:25
If you fancy one Jerry don't hang about. Both lidl and aldi regularly have truly wonderful bargains in for a few weeks promotion. If you miss them they will probably come round again, but never permanently. You have to keep your eyes open for what's in when. I have a really good enough stage fully automatic 12v battery charger I picked up for about £40 and a really good sds drill for the same sort of money. But you probably won't find either this week. You need to watch out for what's in ;)The local LIDL had a few yesterday, but I don't know whether they are on a weekly or shorter cycle. They might all have gone by today, or be cleared away by the staff tomorrow - though on the other hand they might keep them going for another week. It's not always possible to tell.

I didn't really "need" another charger, but I was interested in the operation of this one, which certainly, according to the manual, should treat each battery individually. It also does NiCds - which really isn't a great feature, but as I happen to have a few of those lying around I thought I'd maybe get a little more life out of them. Perhaps it would have made more sense to just take the NiCds to the tip, as they are now pretty much superseded by NiMhs - but heck - I thought it could be interesting to try.

There are a number of light combinations indicating status of each battery - or battery slot (some may be shared) - the thing has quite an ingenious physical layout. The one combination I've not seen is alternating green and red flashes, which is supposed to be a refresh mode for batteries which haven't been used for some time. On start up all the red lights come on before it settles down into a apecific pattern for the batteries to be charged. I have seen flashing red - which may indicate a battery fault, or dud.

sq225917
15-11-2015, 10:28
http://charger.nitecore.com/product/digicharger-d4

The best charger on the market, bar none.

Marco
15-11-2015, 12:52
Tells you everything but the price... ;)

Marco.

Ninanina
15-11-2015, 20:53
I've used an Ansmann Energy 8 charger for years and it's still going strong and it's had loads of use. It is a fully automatic 'smart' charger and also has an automatic refresh/discharge function

I've owned rechargeable batteries for years and have yet to throw any of them away as they still charge perfectly with the Ansmann

I think it was about £50 when I purchased it. It charges all the battery types that I can think of including the larger 'D' cells and the 9v jobbies. Definitely one of my better purchases ;)