PDA

View Full Version : Greetings!

nersu
13-11-2015, 14:18
Greetings all,

Found this site useful on my searches for headphone rig, and so I decided to join your community.
I am totally new here, but not new in the music. Been playing live, instrumental guitar music. This is more like a hobby thing, but I am totally into.
Therefore have a nice equipment. All my investments went there before.
I am into vintage audio. Just like the sound of vinyl through the old vintage audio. Also the tube sound have some magic.
I have a nice collection of vinyl: from 90's rock/heavy metal to classical instrumental records. Mainly listen to rock/metal, folk, some jazz and love film soundtracks (must to mention - Ennio Morricone spaghetti westerns).

As I previously mentioned, I am on the quest for a perfect amplification and DAC for my Sennheiser HD800.
Just my family got bigger and there is no room for loud music (still remember old days from my bachelorhood :rolleyes:).
I have been playing with IFI IDSD Micro. Still looking for something more out of head experience through headphone. The right word should be three-dimensional and holographic?
Basically, the amp suited well for HD800 with good dynamics, body, resolution and deep soundstage with pinpoint imaging.
Maybe dual mono or hybrid tube/solid state amp?
Any thoughts or suggestions are welcome.

Thank you in advance.

trio leo
13-11-2015, 16:05
Hi Nerijus,
Welcome to the AoS from me, vintage equipment can make great music, I have some myself, wander through this friendly forum and you will find all kinds of different systems and views.

Enjoy your music :)

cheers Al

walpurgis
13-11-2015, 16:31
Hi Nerijus. Welcome to AOS.

There are plenty of headphone users here, so if you ask questions, I'm sure you'll get answers.

I suggest visiting The Artist's Palette section and starting a thread there with your queries.

Enjoy the forum,
Geoff.

Eagle owl
16-11-2015, 13:59
Hello and welcome Nerijus.

Geoff. :wave: