PDA

View Full Version : usb convertor

wee tee cee
11-11-2015, 17:27
Stan,
I noticed on your site the option to choose the operating system for the usb convertor-does this mean if I select the windows option the convertor is shipped pre loaded and is then plug and play with my PC?

I tried in the past loading drivers to no avail- would like to upgrade from my v-link 1 but the computer side of things is a no go for me.

Thanks Tony.

Stratmangler
11-11-2015, 17:34
I'd expect the difference would be a CD or a flash drive in the box with the adapter, and the CD/flash drive would have the relevant drivers on it.
The drivers are also on Stan's website, so not entirely necessary in any other form.

wee tee cee
11-11-2015, 17:48
Chris,
Last time I tried downloading the driver there was much wailing and knashing of teeth....nearly ended in a lap top shaped window hole!!!
A day I will never get back....

Stratmangler
11-11-2015, 19:57
Chris,
Last time I tried downloading the driver there was much wailing and knashing of teeth....nearly ended in a lap top shaped window hole!!!
A day I will never get back....

What are you running on your computer?

StanleyB
11-11-2015, 21:25
Stan,
I noticed on your site the option to choose the operating system for the usb convertor-does this mean if I select the windows option the convertor is shipped pre loaded and is then plug and play with my PC?

I tried in the past loading drivers to no avail- would like to upgrade from my v-link 1 but the computer side of things is a no go for me.

I should be removing that option really. The current stock doesn't need that any more.
You still have to download the drivers, or I can email them to you. But as one person has discovered, you can use the drivers from Shiit on my converter, and the Shiit drivers are actually better than the ones I got from the chip manufacturer.

wee tee cee
12-11-2015, 13:10
Windows 7 I think!!! Just couldnt get the driver to load properly-loads of pops and clicks...just gave up eventually.