PDA

View Full Version : FS: Dual 1019 idler TT, plus some cool cartridges - Denon, Goldring, Shure, Ortofon

montesquieu
11-11-2015, 11:26
Since another Lenco GL75 arrived I’ve been conscious of having too much stuff around the place. Apologies for the dust on the cartridges they have been sitting on a shelf for a week or so waiting to be photographed.

First for sale, Dual 1019, this is in really nice condition having been bought off the forum about a year ago and enjoyed in my study ever since. Comes with an Ortofon 520 cartridge and a (now rare and expensive to buy on its own) cartridge retainer, which means cartridges can be swopped really quickly and easily. Works beautifully. Looking for £100 for this, collection/meet up only though from Bracknell area (happy to shoot up/along the M3/M4 for a meet-up).

http://i1181.photobucket.com/albums/x440/montesquieu61/dual1_zpsumofyfut.jpg

http://i1181.photobucket.com/albums/x440/montesquieu61/dual2_zpsr4oakivy.jpg

Next some cartridges:

Denon 103 with Shibata tip - this was bought off a Japanese chap on eBay (who I also got the 109D from), his skills are top notch and I’ve enjoyed this far more than the various Esco re-tipped 103s I’ve come across. I have it on a brass stabiliser which adds 8g of mass and also stiffens the headshell - again I rate this better than the nude/rebody approach not least it avoids the nerve-wracking bit you get with a nuded tip. Not many hours since I got it (maybe 100 or so) as I have too many cartridges to play with. £110 posted

http://i1181.photobucket.com/albums/x440/montesquieu61/103-shibata_zpsgtm8bhmc.jpg

Ortofon VMS20 MkII - in nice order, hours unknown but original Ortofon tip seems good under the loupe - £40 posted.

http://i1181.photobucket.com/albums/x440/montesquieu61/vms20_zpsmjswohpd.jpg

Goldring 600 mono cartridge - 33LP/78 turnover. I fitted this with an original Goldring NOS LP diamond and it sounds great, but I already have a pair of Miyajimas for mono LP and 78 so it’s a bit superfluous Will go on a normal headshell. £65 posted.

http://i1181.photobucket.com/albums/x440/montesquieu61/goldring%20g600_zpssmdcst4x.jpg

Shure M44/E with aftermarket tip - works well £20 posted.

http://i1181.photobucket.com/albums/x440/montesquieu61/shure44_zpse81hdcte.jpg

Shure M77/DA - stereo cartridge for 45s, 1mil tip, perfect for changers and original cartridge for quite a few jukeboxes. Styli are available but this one works fine. £20 posted.

http://i1181.photobucket.com/albums/x440/montesquieu61/shure77_zps0sprqmym.jpg

I probably have a few more cartridges that ought to go as well as some headshells but this is enough for now!

I also have a bunch of tubes for sale please see my other post. (or will have when I write it up - the pics are taken).

walpurgis
11-11-2015, 11:31
Some nice items there Tom. The Dual looks superb!

Going the Lenco route now? I'm halfway through a GL75 rebuild myself :).

Jimbo
11-11-2015, 13:06
I recon the Lenco GL75 has been underated with attention being paid to Garrard 301/401 etc which I do not dispute being great turntables.

I think the GL75 is one of the HIFI bargains out there still as its performance can be very good indeed for so few bucks. I believe it can beat many modern decks which cost 10 times the price.

Have enjoyed every minute from mine since giving it an overhaul.:)

What are your plans with your GL75 Tom?

montesquieu
11-11-2015, 13:15
I recon the Lenco GL75 has been underated with attention being paid to Garrard 301/401 etc which I do not dispute being great turntables.

I think the GL75 is one of the HIFI bargains out there still as its performance can be very good indeed for so few bucks. I believe it can beat many modern decks which cost 10 times the price.

Have enjoyed every minute from mine since giving it an overhaul.:)

What are your plans with your GL75 Tom?

Ahem ... well to remind people this *is* a sales thread ...

My main deck remains the TD124 MkII / FR 64S with a trio of Miyajimas (Shilabe/Zero mono/Premium 78) which has been the case for the last 4-5 years ....

Interestingly the Dual 1019 is probably a shade better than the Lenco when used as standard (I think the Dual arm is better and that's the reason). I went to the Lenco with a view of eventually getting a PTP job done on it, fancy plinth, new arm etc, though for now it plays occasionally in my study into a Cyrus One and pair of Tannoy 603s ... very musical and enjoyable it is too. I have the Denon DL-109D on it, which is a fabulous MM cartridge, really belongs in the main rig where it spent quite a bit of time since its arrival.

There's no rush on the Lenco, I've had a few false starts with them (including buying people's previous projects, and also put a very enjoyable G88 together myself with a Gerd 12in tonearm) but I'll get to it eventually. In the meantime, given the limitations of the GL75 arm, it's a lot of fun.

montesquieu
11-11-2015, 15:28
Denon 103 shibata sold to Jake!

struth
11-11-2015, 15:36
Great deck that. I nearly had one last year:doh:..this is super price with the cart hoogie thingie.. If i stayed close id be at your door:eyebrows:

montesquieu
11-11-2015, 15:58
Great deck that. I nearly had one last year:doh:..this is super price with the cart hoogie thingie.. If i stayed close id be at your door:eyebrows:

You nearly had THIS one last year, Grant, I got it from Idlewithnodrive. Hassle was the shipping to the land of porridge, drizzle and job lots of blue face paint - TTs don't travel well unless you have the special box, unfortunately. (I'm actually up in Embra quite often at the moment for work but go with hand baggage by plane).

struth
11-11-2015, 16:43
You nearly had THIS one last year, Grant, I got it from Idlewithnodrive. Hassle was the shipping to the land of porridge, drizzle and job lots of blue face paint - TTs don't travel well unless you have the special box, unfortunately. (I'm actually up in Embra quite often at the moment for work but go with hand baggage by plane).

Ah its that one... Excuse my memory...its not great for detail short term...its well worth the money folks

Idlewithnodrive
11-11-2015, 17:35
Ah its that one... Excuse my memory...its not great for detail short term...its well worth the money folks

It's more than worth every penny. It's a gem for that price :)

Somebody buy it or I'll have to have it back.

DSJR
11-11-2015, 20:06
The 1019 is better than a stock Lenco GL75! Why? because the arm is better and will actually work with a 540 if a thicker mat is added to what's there, which damps the platter well and is best left in place. The platter may be smaller in diameter, but it's very heavy and it's my opinion that the main bearing is better than a stock, worn GL75 one.

So there :lol:

Good luck with the sale. I have too much of my own and had I not bought a 601 some months back, I'd have bitten your arm off for this one :)

mikeyb
11-11-2015, 21:14
Hi,

If there was any way to get this TT to Scotland I'd be very interested.

Mike.

twotone
12-11-2015, 09:07
I've just bought a 1219 and love it sounds great and is dead easy to us, don't think there's a great deal of difference between the 1019 and the 1219 (platter is smaller) and I also bought a cartridge carrier to be able to change carts easily and it cost me £27 from Thakker in Germany so the 1019 represents a complete bargain IMO.

mikeyb
12-11-2015, 10:18
I had the JVC TT that I bought a few months ago delivered by the seller travelling by train and carrying it in a suitcase hint hint [emoji38]

montesquieu
13-11-2015, 21:06
TT sold, Denon sold, everything else still available.

Marco
13-11-2015, 21:35
Hi Tom,

Is the Shure M44E a vintage one (with the old bodyshell)? Like this one, shown here (with the white 'bird' on the front): http://www.pieffeaudiovideo.com/media/images/upload/ceraunavoltahifi/shure_M44E.jpg

If so, I'll take it :)

Marco.

montesquieu
13-11-2015, 21:49
Hi Tom,

Is the Shure M44E a vintage one (with the old bodyshell)? Like this one, shown here (with the white 'bird' on the front): http://www.pieffeaudiovideo.com/media/images/upload/ceraunavoltahifi/shure_M44E.jpg

If so, I'll take it :)

Marco.

Hi Marco I actually have two of these, one for sale with stylus, another without stylus that I was planning to keep, though neither have the swallow on the front.

Marco
13-11-2015, 22:03
Ah, I see. What I'm looking for is a proper vintage one, as is shown in the link I provided, so it should have a swallow on it. You also get brown-bodied ones like that, too.

Marco.

struth
13-11-2015, 22:09
Rowe Ami (or possibly rowe or ami. they became the same company) used these carts in their juke boxes Marco(used to service them)... well the 44's anyways... not sure about the E... used to have hundreds of them floating about :doh: Check on us ebay and you may find one. they were very good.

Barry
13-11-2015, 22:14
Ah, I see. What I'm looking for is a proper vintage one, as is shown in the link I provided, so it should have a swallow on it. You also get brown-bodied ones like that, too.

Marco.

Apologies for any thread drift on your for sale thread Tom, but Marco I think the brown-bodied M44E is actually the M55E.

Again sorry for the deviation; good luck with the sale.

Marco
13-11-2015, 22:42
Yes, sorry. You're right, Barry! I'm looking for one of those, too :)

Marco.

narabdela
14-11-2015, 12:43
Always loved the M55E.

One of the great underrated cartridges. :thumbsup:

DSJR
14-11-2015, 17:30
Marco can keep the M44 or M55, as some of us have taste ;)

I was going to enquire about the M77, but I really don't need it and the time is coming up fast to start selling stuff myself - I can't take it all with me...

P.S. I have an M55e with Ed Saunders replacement stylus on it. The mid is fine, treble of the ES stylus superior to my memories of the Shure original (the original diamond finish was the pits on Shures of old, but the ES specified diamond lives up to the claims made for them) but the fulsome bass isn't quite in the same league as an M-75 ime.

Barry
14-11-2015, 20:12
Marco can keep the M44 or M55, as some of us have taste ;)

I was going to enquire about the M77, but I really don't need it and the time is coming up fast to start selling stuff myself - I can't take it all with me...

P.S. I have an M55e with Ed Saunders replacement stylus on it. The mid is fine, treble of the ES stylus superior to my memories of the Shure original (the original diamond finish was the pits on Shures of old, but the ES specified diamond lives up to the claims made for them) but the fulsome bass isn't quite in the same league as an M-75 ime.

Does your M55E have a [B]brown[B] body? If it does and if you want to sell it, I would be interested.

(Apologies for the thread hi-jack.)

lordmortlock
20-11-2015, 22:24
Denon 103 shibata sold to Jake!

And sounding lovely, even if I have had to blutack a small rock to my counterweight to balance out your stabiliser!

Thanks Tom, all the punch and swing of a 103 but with more refinement. Very very nice.

Marco
20-11-2015, 22:29
Always loved the M55E.

One of the great underrated cartridges. :thumbsup:

I agree, but the vintage, original 'Shure USA' ones are best. I'm looking for a NOS M55 - even just the body, minus the stylus, as I have a sexy NOS N55E stylus waiting to go on it! :)

Dave, your taste is in your pants ;)

The cartridge that goes with this manual is exactly what I'm looking for: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Original-Shure-Data-Sheet-for-Model-M55E-15-degree-Cartridge-/360684899683?hash=item53fa7ecd63:g:pQ0AAOxyY3ZRyz3 W

If anyone out there has got one (needs to be minty), let me know!

Marco.

heppie
01-03-2016, 16:12
Hi Tom

Is the Goldring 600 Cart still available for sale ?
I have a Jukebox who's in desperate need of it.
Kind regards
Alan