PDA

View Full Version : Pm94

scottberry10
11-11-2015, 01:25
High all I'm Scott . I've had the pm94 marantz amp for about the last 26 years !!! I am still into all hi-fi equipment and read lots of forums,about all the latest equipment. This amp has now got a very large following and is now called an iconic amp!!! Possibly one of the best amps ever made. Sadly the time is come for someone else to care for this great amplifier. If anybody knows of anybody who wishes to purchase this off me ,please drop me a feed. Thanks

Audio Al
11-11-2015, 05:06
I would be interested in this and have sent you a PM

Not far from me as well so I could collect and see it working prior too paying

What are you asking for this ?

Also its a forum requirement if you are selling to provide some photos of your actual item ( not photos off the web )

I could make room on my hifi rack :D
https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5755/21689430152_cdc3209832_z.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/z3BZWh)Untitled (https://flic.kr/p/z3BZWh) by Allen Wells (https://www.flickr.com/photos/134779142@N03/), on Flickr

Audio Al
11-11-2015, 05:08
I can't PM you as you don't have the required post count

do you have a email address ?

Marco
11-11-2015, 07:39
Hi Scott,

I'm afraid that's not much of an introduction. The point is that you tell people a bit about yourself, your system and your music tastes, not just use the forum to sell something! We're not here as your personal selling service.

Try again, please...

Al, do not encourage him until he fulfils the registration requirements that he signed up to. Cheers!

Marco.

P.S Email details, if provided, will be deleted until Scott complies with the rules.

scottberry10
11-11-2015, 08:27
Hello all you audio /music fans. I'm Scott. I've always been into music but mostly into soul music ,R&B ,Motown etc. After starting with some small tannoy speakers and a pioneer amplifier. I then upgraded to a system that I couldn't really afford, as a lots of you out there would understand lol . Floor standing oak mission 753's and a marantz pm 94 amplifier that I really couldn't afford !!! I now have some bose acoustimass 5's which I run off the same amp in a different room but I've mostly stuck with that system for a long long time. I'm now looking to move on with the times with some regret . Maybe get a large AV amp to make it easy to connect to other devices.

Audio Al
11-11-2015, 08:34
Hi Scott

Welcome 2 the forum , sounds like you have years of experience with hifi

Enjoy your time here :)

Spectral Morn
11-11-2015, 08:40
Hello all you audio /music fans. I'm Scott. I've always been into music but mostly into soul music ,R&B ,Motown etc. After starting with some small tannoy speakers and a pioneer amplifier. I then upgraded to a system that I couldn't really afford, as a lots of you out there would understand lol . Floor standing oak mission 753's and a marantz pm 94 amplifier that I really couldn't afford !!! I now have some bose acoustimass 5's which I run off the same amp in a different room but I've mostly stuck with that system for a long long time. I'm now looking to move on with the times with some regret . Maybe get a large AV amp to make it easy to connect to other devices.

Welcome to AOS, I would think long and hard before you get rid of your amp, as no AV amp will outperform it playing music, even if you spend a very large amount of money. AV amps are deeply flawed on two channel music reproduction, all about processing surround, not delicate music.

Audio Al
11-11-2015, 09:03
I would think long and hard before you get rid of your amp

Scott has owned it for 26 years looks like he wants a change :)

walpurgis
11-11-2015, 09:59
Hello Scott. Welcome to AOS,

Tell us what music you listen to and what Hi-Fi system you use.

Offers for sales are confined to the Private Exhibitions area, so please post any items for disposal there.

I hope you involve yourself with the site activities, every aspect of Hi-Fi is covered here.

Enjoy the forum,
Geoff.

Marco
11-11-2015, 10:34
Offers for sales are confined to the Private Exhibitions area, so please post any items for disposal there.

I hope you involve yourself with the site activities, every aspect of Hi-Fi is covered here.

Indeed. This isn't a free on-line version of 'Exchange & Mart'; it's a community of audio and music enthusiasts, the idea of which is you join and then participate in... ;)

Marco.

lafty
12-11-2015, 09:16
Hi scott

Welcome to AOS. I think you've found my thread where I'm looking for a PM94. Looking to upgrade from my PM66se KI. So do get in touch if it's still for sale. Through the right channels of course.

Nick

Eagle owl
16-11-2015, 14:08
Hello and welcome Scott.

Geoff. :wave: