PDA

View Full Version : Hello Everyone.

Wayne Bull
10-11-2015, 21:12
Hi everyone,

My name is Wayne and I'm from the West Midlands, UK.

Been passionate about music all my life (44 years young) but only recently starting to explore hi-if.

I like most genres of music but my favourites are alternative bands and most recently I have began
appreciating the beauty of jazz and folk music. Currently my favourite artists are Nick Drake, John Martyn and Joanna Newsom.

I have a modest hi if setup consisting of a nad 3020e amp, rotel 965bx cd, project xperience turntable and Dali zensor 3 speakers. I also have a sonos connect amp and have recently just started exploring the world of raspberry pi. I have 2 of them of which I use one in my main rig and the second as a headphone rig.
The main rig one as a Iqaudio digiamp and the headphone one as Iqaudio pi-dac. I've been so impressed with these little units for such a small outlay.

Anyway, it's a pleasure to register with the art of sound forum and I thank you for having me.

All the best

Wayne

walpurgis
10-11-2015, 21:25
Hello Wayne. Welcome to AOS.

You may call your system modest, but it's well chosen. You have some useful bits there and should be getting a decent sound.

If you have plans for changes, we'd like to hear about them.

You'll find that every aspect of Hi-Fi is covered here, so there should be plenty to interest you.

Enjoy the forum,
Geoff.

Wayne Bull
10-11-2015, 21:38
Hello Wayne. Welcome to AOS.

You may call your system modest, but it's well chosen. You have some useful bits there and should be getting a decent sound.

If you have plans for changes, we'd like to hear about them.

You'll find that every aspect of Hi-Fi is covered here, so there should be plenty to interest you.

Enjoy the forum,
Geoff.

Hello Geoff,

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

Yes, I thoroughly enjoy my setup and it's especially good at low volume, at which most of my listening is done.

I would love to spend lots of money on hifi but for me the music is the sheer pleasure.

Cheers again.

walpurgis
10-11-2015, 22:03
Not much point in Hi-Fi without the music Wayne, but I love the way the music comes across on my pretty decent system. Many musicians don't feel the need for high quality audio. I think it's something to do with being able to anticipate and reconstruct the music in your head. I do the same to an extent. However, I find the search for a great sounding system to listen on very rewarding.

struth
10-11-2015, 22:07
Welcome to AoS Wayne. Hope you enjoy the forum. Like You I have a modest set up by the standards here, but it is about getting yourself a nice sound.

Wayne Bull
10-11-2015, 22:13
Welcome to AoS Wayne. Hope you enjoy the forum. Like You I have a modest set up by the standards here, but it is about getting yourself a nice sound.

Hello,

Thanks for the warm welcomes.

Grant, I've noticed from the moode player forum that your into your raspberry pi.

I too am using moode player and I'm really liking it.

I'm so impressed with the Iqaudio dacs and amps as well and the support from Gordon is first class.

struth
10-11-2015, 22:19
Hello,

Thanks for the warm welcomes.

Grant, I've noticed from the moode player forum that your into your raspberry pi.

I too am using moode player and I'm really liking it.

I'm so impressed with the Iqaudio dacs and amps as well and the support from Gordon is first class.

Ive got an IQ dac as well as a Sabre one. Both excellent. Yes I love my pi (got 2 but only using 1) very musical and easy to use. Being disabled its great to sit and play anything at touch of a button. Moode is the best one Ive tried, sure there are others as good but for my needs it hits the spot

Wayne Bull
10-11-2015, 22:22
Ive got an IQ dac as well as a Sabre one. Both excellent. Yes I love my pi (got 2 but only using 1) very musical and easy to use. Being disabled its great to sit and play anything at touch of a button. Moode is the best one Ive tried, sure there are others as good but for my needs it hits the spot

Grant,

With my pi digiamp would I be correct in saying that it has to be set as software volume control in moode?

struth
10-11-2015, 22:27
If I'm right and it doesnt have a vc, then I would think so. Tim on the moode help thread would give you the definitive answer.

http://theartofsound.net/forum/showthread.php?40322-Moode-Player-Help

Wayne Bull
10-11-2015, 22:30
If I'm right and it doesnt have a vc, then I would think so. Tim on the moode help thread would give you the definitive answer.

http://theartofsound.net/forum/showthread.php?40322-Moode-Player-Help

Ok, thanks Grant. I'll see what Tim says.

All the best

Eagle owl
16-11-2015, 14:16
Hello and welcome Wayne.

Geoff. :wave: