PDA

View Full Version : Rega Elex-R for sale

rossman
08-11-2015, 17:04
Up for sale is my Rega Elex-R which I bought ex demo from Radlett Audio at the end of May.

Having owned both this and the Brio-R I can say that this has more grip and detail than the Brio-R

It is boxed with standard remote. I'm looking for £550, which is not that much more than a new Brio-R. plus around £23 for insured shipping if required. Payment by Paypal gift or bank transfer please.

If this of interest to anyone attending NEBO6, or living close to anyone going, I will be attending and can bring the amp with me to pass on in which case prepayment or cash would be fine.

Hopefully these pics will come out fine as they look quite large but my photo and IT skills are limited.

http://oi64.tinypic.com/6ir2qb.jpg

http://oi67.tinypic.com/2pqufr6.jpg

http://oi67.tinypic.com/b807eu.jpg

http://oi65.tinypic.com/2v0lmqp.jpg

http://oi68.tinypic.com/14t3ehi.jpg

rossman
12-11-2015, 10:20
Bump

rdpx
12-11-2015, 16:37
Are you getting an Elicit-R now? This is a tempting offer, supposed to be a very nice amp.

rossman
13-11-2015, 10:59
Are you getting an Elicit-R now? This is a tempting offer, supposed to be a very nice amp.

Hi Robert.

Unfortunately I have decided to downsize to a simpler system after redundancy which has led to me reassessing my priorities. Fortunately I've got some work but nowhere near the wage that I was on before so the plan is to put any money from this amp to get a repair on another and use the rest for work on the house so that it is in decent state if we need to sell up.

rdpx
13-11-2015, 15:18
Sorry to hear that Paul - the Brio to the Elex suggested you might have been on an unstoppable Rega upgrade drive.
I hope it all works out for you soon.
Robert

Hi Robert.

Unfortunately I have decided to downsize to a simpler system after redundancy which has led to me reassessing my priorities. Fortunately I've got some work but nowhere near the wage that I was on before so the plan is to put any money from this amp to get a repair on another and use the rest for work on the house so that it is in decent state if we need to sell up.

rossman
15-11-2015, 19:06
Sorry to hear that Paul - the Brio to the Elex suggested you might have been on an unstoppable Rega upgrade drive.
I hope it all works out for you soon.
Robert

The Elex-r was always at the top of my budget so there were never any plans to go for the Elicit -r. I'm sure it would have been great though.

rossman
15-11-2015, 19:07
Price reduction to £520.

I know it's a long shot but I would consider taking a Firebottle + in P/X against this

rdpx
21-11-2015, 14:04
I can vouch for Paul as being the best of all people to deal with, after he sent me a spare headshell for my TD150 for nowt. He didn't even want any postage money.

I am also being slightly tempted by this, so if someone else could buy it that would take it off my worry list.

:rolleyes:

So, Paul - is the Elex-R as good as everyone says it is?

Robert

rossman
23-11-2015, 12:38
So, Paul - is the Elex-R as good as everyone says it is?

Robert

As mentioned earlier I had the Brio-R which I thought was very good but I bought a Cocktail Audio X30 after a long home audition and comparison to it. I thought the X30 was a big step up from the Rega amp when using it on it's own with the internal amp but it doesn't have a phono stage. I had to trade the Brio-R in to afford the X30 at the time and the plan was always to use it with an external amp when I could afford it. When I had the chance to get the Elex-R I thought that was another step up from the X30.

It isn't as warm as either the Brio-R or X30 in my opinion but is more detailed with better grip and punch, I could hear into recordings more with the Elex-R but ultimately I have gone back to the X30 for it's warmer more relaxed sound is more to my liking even though some of the excitement of the Elex-R is missing.

brian2957
23-11-2015, 12:49
I have the Brio R with a music server streaming Spotify Premium . I'm quite surprised that a unit like this would be a step up from a dedicated amp like the Brio R . Can I stream Spotify through the Cocktail X30 ?

rossman
23-11-2015, 15:48
I have the Brio R with a music server streaming Spotify Premium . I'm quite surprised that a unit like this would be a step up from a dedicated amp like the Brio R . Can I stream Spotify through the Cocktail X30 ?

I was surprised too, I was originally anticipating using the Bio-R rather than the internal amp of the X30 but as it sounded better to me I part exed the Brio-R against the X30.

I couldn't really tell you if you can stream Spotify via the Cocktail X30, but I don't see why not. I don't use streaming services, I only use it for ripping discs and downloading files and playing them back.

brian2957
23-11-2015, 15:56
Thanks Paul , the X30 might be worth a serious look :)

rdpx
23-11-2015, 18:55
Thanks Paul , the X30 might be worth a serious look :)

from their website specs sheet:

Online Music Service : Simfy
< note * > More services like Spotify, Rhapsody will be added. But, we can’t guarantee its schedule as present.

brian2957
23-11-2015, 19:06
Thanks Robert . As Spotify Premium is my main source of music I'll just have to wait a while .

neo2606
26-11-2015, 13:27
PM sent

rossman
26-11-2015, 14:37
Thanks Danny,

PM replied to.

rossman
29-11-2015, 17:14
Still not sold.

Price reduction to £500

timpdj
29-11-2015, 20:30
Hi Paul

Very interested in this Rega amp, I see that you bought it from Radlett as I recently bought a new pair of speakers from him in person. Nice chap. Willing to pay your revised asking price of £500, but I'd need to take you up on your courier delivery option as I'm in Essex. I'm (very) new to the Forum, so not quite up to speed on etiquette for purchasing. If you can guide me, I trust you'll find me a very easy customer! :)

Let me know what you want to do.

All the best
Tim

timpdj
30-11-2015, 11:25
PM sent.

rossman
04-12-2015, 11:49
Now sold.

Thank you Tim for confirmation via PM that the amp arrived.