PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Arkansas

Yank
07-11-2015, 19:27
Hi! My name is Dave and I live in Little Rock, Arkansas. There is a Siamese kitten named Oscar sitting on me and being annoyingly cute while I'm trying to write this.

My system presently consists of a Rega Planar 2 turntable, Denon DL301 cartridge, Audio Alchemy CD transport, Scott Nixon DAC, Dynaco FM3 tuner, Naim NAC42.5 preamp w/HiCap, Naim NAP160 amp, and a pair of Rogers LS7T speakers. I'd like to dump the Naim stuff soon, to either go back to tubes or try some Nelson Pass DIY electronics.

The Rega turntable is a bit of a mutt, it's got a Groovetracer subplatter, P3 12mm platter, and RB300 arm, and upper and lower braces.

jollyfix
07-11-2015, 19:35
Hi David, welcome to AOS.

trio leo
07-11-2015, 20:23
Hi Dave,
Welcome to the AoS from me, lots of like minded folk on this friendly forum.
Nice to have members from across the pond.

Enjoy your music :)

cheers Al

Yank
07-11-2015, 20:45
Forgot to mention that I've got the television connected to a NAC42, NAP110, and a pair of Stirling LS3/5As.

walpurgis
07-11-2015, 21:13
Hello Dave. Welcome to AOS.

So you have some system changes in mind. Valves (tubes) are very popular here, so you'll get loads of opinions if you ask questions, although I know that much of the equipment available in America is not seen here. The Nelson Pass designs are appealing and always sound great. Still after an Aleph 3 myself. They're a bit scarce :).

Tell us what music you like listening to and feel free to post equipment photos in the Gallery section. They'll be appreciated.

Enjoy the forum,
Geoff.

struth
07-11-2015, 21:21
Welcome to the forum Dave. sweet little cat, and youve some nice gear too... Like Monarchy stuff:)

Yank
07-11-2015, 21:37
The cat in the avatar pic is Clyde, he died last year just a couple of months shy of his 20th birthday. The picture was taken in Spring 1995 when he was a kitten, on the first day he went outside to prowl on his own. It was a big new world for him, full of small fuzzy things to kill and eat.

struth
07-11-2015, 21:42
Ah, sorry to hear that. My 21 yr old cat died a couple of years ago. it was a big loss, and Ive decided not to replace her... Hope to see a pic of the newbie soon. there is a thread for cats n pets in Abstract gallery..... http://theartofsound.net/forum/showthread.php?26307-Post-your-cats-(-or-other-worthy-critters-)

Barry
09-11-2015, 23:03
Welcome to AoS Dave,

Enjoy the Forum

Barry