PDA

View Full Version : Greetings

cesare
06-11-2015, 19:19
Well here's a bit about me. I'm based in Brighton in the UK, and work writing software. I've mainly worked in London, but have done a number of things, from signal processing through to banking systems (and a fair bit in-between). My major hobbies are music and photography. Listening to music is how I relax, and it also helps hide the tinnitus ;-)

My main stereo is vinyl and digital replay. Vinyl is a Gyrodec/Hadcock arm/Ortofon Kontrapunkt-b, whilst digital is a squeezebox. The amp is a NAC72/HICAP feeding Hypex nc400 based amps which is an unusual mix, and works very well for me. Speakers are Shahinian Obelisks from around 2000, so newish mark Is.

The second system is upstairs and has a TV hanging off of it. It's again a NAC72 but this time with a NAP140, and drives PMC OB1s. I happen to have some NAP135s sitting about waiting for me to get another HICAP and get that lot plumbed up, so that's a job for this winter.

There's also a bit of other stuff lying about. My son has a chromecast feeding a Cyrus II/PSX into Epos ES11s, which sounds great. Other old amps lying about include a Cyrus I which does duties amplifying some home studio gear, and there's an Audiolab 8000A somewhere, not sure where that's got to...

So basically, from this you can probably tell i'm a bit of a hoarder, but also I fortunately don't buy much gear so at least it doesn't build up to epic proportions. My camera buying habit is however totally out of control, but that's another story...

Just realised I forgot to mention music taste - it's basically fairly wide, rock, pop, jazz, classical, and modern contemporary. Looking at the records that have recently been played, I see Nils Frahm alongside Charles Mingus alongside some Chopin Preludes. That probably sums it up.

Cesare

walpurgis
06-11-2015, 21:50
Hello Cesare. Welcome to AOS.

Music and photography seem to be interests that go together for many. There are a few here with a touch of tinnitus too.

You have some nice equipment. System photos are always welcome in the Gallery section.

I think a touch of hoarding is manadatory for those with audio interests. Surely having various equipment to compare is the best yardstick? :)

Enjoy the forum,
Geoff.

struth
06-11-2015, 21:58
welcome to AoS Cesare. Hope you enjoy the forum and join in the topics etc. any questions, just ask a question in the appropriate section.

jollyfix
07-11-2015, 05:50
Hi Cesare, welcome to AOS.

Barry
09-11-2015, 23:11
Welcome to AoS Cesare.

Great introduction - don't worry about being a hoarder, you're not alone! :D

Although it's not audio related, I would be interested to learn of your camera buying habits. (Again don't worry, I'm a bit of a camera haorder; I have eight camera bodies and about 25 lenses.)

Some pictures of your system would be nice to see.

Enjoy the Forum

Regards
Barry