PDA

View Full Version : Running 2 or even 3 Pi Dac's

SteveW
06-11-2015, 15:10
I like my Raspberry Pi/ IQ Audio DAC so much I'm going to get another for my basement system. Then I fancy yet another in the kitchen- might even incorporate the digital amp in that one.

So if running multiple Pi's, is it easy to run 3 lots of Moode on them? How does your phone identify between each?
Or would it be better to run different operating systems on each?

Cheers

Steve

Stratmangler
06-11-2015, 15:57
PiCorePlayer on the RasPis and LMS to feed 'em files and for library organisation.
Basically you run the Pis as Squeezebox devices.
You can get apps for iPhone/iPad and Android to control the players - I use Squeeze Commander (Android app) and can control both Squeezeboxes from the one app. My son uses the official Logitech app on his Hudl, and can also control both players.

mikmas
06-11-2015, 16:06
So if running multiple Pi's, is it easy to run 3 lots of Moode on them? How does your phone identify between each?

Working from memory ... In the Moode system settings menu you can give the player a unique name which I presume the phone would bring up (i.e. 'kitchen' 'bedroom' etc...) I would also imagine that each one will have a unique IP address so can't see any confusion arising. I only have one Pi so can't really test this theory but sounds pretty straightforward to me

TimCurtis
06-11-2015, 16:29
Working from memory ... In the Moode system settings menu you can give the player a unique name which I presume the phone would bring up (i.e. 'kitchen' 'bedroom' etc...) I would also imagine that each one will have a unique address so can't see any confusion arising. I only have one Pi so can't really test this theory

Hi,

Correct :-)

Since Moode supports several network services including Airplay, UPnP, DLNA and Zero-config here is the procedure for assigning a unique name to the Player and all of its network services. I'll use the name "Kitchen".

(1) Open the System config page and press the SET button after entering "Kitchen" in each field listed below, then reboot after step (e)

(a) Host (Player) name [Kitchen]
(b) Browser title [Kitchen]
(c) Airplay receiver [Kitchen]
(d) UPnP renderer [Kitchen]
(e) DLNA server [Kitchen]

(2) Open the MPD config page and enter "Kitchen" in the field below then press APPLY button and wait a bit for MPD to restart. No need to reboot.

(a) Zeroconf name [Kitchen]

Btw, I have five Pi's in test environment named RP1 - RP4 and Moode.

Regards,
Tim

SteveW
06-11-2015, 18:50
Perfect Tim,
Many thanks
Steve