View Full Version : A BIG thanks you is offered :-

Audio Al
04-11-2015, 02:41
Isn't this forum great :)

I own a Albarry AP4 pre amp , It has years of service under its belt ( Albany products ARE built to last ) but recently things went adrift :(
The sound was compromised and slowly a hiss developed :( , The days were numbered for the AP4 :(
Not being the type of person that would sell it in this condition the time had arrived for some diagnostics and repairs . Out of my skills :scratch:

Where do I go :scratch: Who do I call ? :scratch: Some more head scratching :scratch: later , Then the bright light moment :bulb:

Ha Ha someone springs to mind , and I just happen to be seeing this person :eyebrows: at the WW show at Melton Mowbray :)

A quick PM begging for help :help:

And like a knight in shining armour on a white stallion he comes to my aid ( Good story telling or what :lol: )

The one The only Beobloke ( Adam )

I hand over the AP4 at the show and sit back and relax knowing its in safe hands

Some time later :eyebrows: a huge brown box arrives ant my front door ( Yesterday ;) ) excellent packing :) = NO DAMAGE :)

The repairs were = I will leave that part to Adam as I am not very technical , My words would be " Some internal gubbins were taken out and replaced with new gubbins :)

I am assured its all sounding sweet again so I am VERY happy , Will get this back in my system as soon at time allows / next week as I have a weeks holiday :D

So a BIG THANK YOU ADAM is in order :)

struth
04-11-2015, 08:20
Nice one Adam.. Knight in shining armour [emoji3]

Michael loves music
04-11-2015, 08:26
That's great news I love this forum I've bought lovely sounding equipment with people's advice on here many thanks

The Black Adder
04-11-2015, 10:04
Excellent post... :)

awkwardbydesign
04-11-2015, 11:08
Great post. Just needs a few more smileys.

Beobloke
04-11-2015, 12:57
Aw, shucks... :o

You're very welcome, Al - always happy to help out a fellow pishanto gatherist! :D Also, apologies again that it took so long - blame something called 'life' getting in the way of the interesting stuff...

Reffc
05-11-2015, 09:15
Well done Adam, what a wonderful thing to have done!