PDA

View Full Version : It was 20 years ago today!

The Black Adder
03-11-2015, 16:12
Has it really been that long? - Wow!

Pulp's Different Class was released on this day 20 years ago.

What an iconic album... Love it

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51lBaKp46rL.jpg

Macca
03-11-2015, 16:26
Crikey that's gone fast....

20 years since Alice In Chains debut, and Smashing Pumpkins 'Mellon Chollie....' if I'd known it was going to be that quick I'd have paid more attention. The 'Stones were just starting the Voodo Lounge world tour and we were thinking 'surely they're past it?'
Twenty years on: still touring.

The Black Adder
03-11-2015, 16:32
lol.. yes. I bought Mellon Chollie too, great album.

I went to see the Stones at Sheffield Arena, it was ok... the album was cack but the oldies were the best, as always.

struth
03-11-2015, 16:34
Pumpkins? Melons? Your all mad:lol:

Macca
03-11-2015, 16:35
Yes, the record was quite poor.

20 years since Oasis 'What's the Story...' too. And Coolio: 'Gangsta's Paradise' - really it was arguably the last year that anything of interest happened in music. Looking at my collection it pretty much drops off a cliff after '95.

The Black Adder
03-11-2015, 16:50
I have to agree. Regarding Oasis... I bought What's the Story and loved it but found myself getting tired of Liam's whiney voice. That was the last Oasis LP I bought, the rest were bargain bin fodder IMO. I also loved Stanley Road by Paul Weller. For me, Spritualized were the only band I really liked after that. The Chemical Brothers always released great albums so I listened to them more than anything.