PDA

View Full Version : FS - Ruark Equinox Speakers - Rich Rosewood - Great Condition

weetabix
01-11-2015, 13:20
Up for sale are a set of Ruark Equinox in rich Rosewood finish.

If you’re looking at this, you’ll probably be familiar with what these stunning speakers are able to deliver.

The pair are in full working order and offered in great condition with grilles, a copy of the user manual, assembly instructions, product range pamphlet, original gold plated domed spike set and speaker locking bolts, with a few little marks here & there for their age, however so small, I was unable to capture in images. the tweeters have accumulated a little dust in their time, but this does not detract from their ultra-smooth performance.

They have been used in my Restek system and deliver a natural sound with startling dynamics, together with a very musical delivery, never sounding digital, or electronic.

They do require some serious source & amplification behind them to deliver their true potential, and you will be rewarded with a very engaging sound.

The great thing about these speakers is that they deliver everything associated with the sound of a stand-mount, and yet when required, they deliver a sound usually associated with large floor-standers, deep extended, punchy tight bass, they really do have a sting in their tail, drums are especially expressed well, the midrange is where these speakers can really excel, vocals are superb and natural, together with one of the most integrated and smooth tweeters that just seamlessly becomes part of the whole musical picture.

Here’s some reviews to read through:

See reviews:

http://www.stereophile.com/standloudspeakers/297ruark/#VOo6LVHM6L2AWUOm.97
http://hometheaterreview.com/ruark-equinox-loudspeakers-reviewed/

As a consequence that I don’t have any of the packaging, this will be a cash on collection only, from Littlehampton, West Sussex.

I’m looking for £549.00 collected - demonstration will be arranged.

Thanks for looking and feel free to ask any questions.

weetabix
01-11-2015, 13:27
Other images attached:

jandl100
01-11-2015, 13:53
Lovely.

I kind of wish I was still speaker-swapping, I'd have had these. :)

glws :thumbsup:

Check out the pics and comments on Stephen's system thread, folks http://theartofsound.net/forum/showthread.php?30522-My-High-End-Hi-Fi-Set-Up

Spectral Morn
01-11-2015, 14:19
These are seriously good speakers, British Sonus Fabers is how Ken Kessler once described them. I just swapped a set awhile back for a DAC, and if I had the space I would have kept them.

The Rosewood finish is beautiful and was the more expensive option, originally £2500.

A stone cold bargain

weetabix
01-11-2015, 14:40
Thanks Jerry & Neil,

Incidentally, these are only for sale as I recently acquired a later set in the piano black finish - simply stunning!

I will update my hifi thread with new pictures at a later date.

cheers

Spectral Morn
01-11-2015, 15:30
Thanks Jerry & Neil,

Incidentally, these are only for sale as I recently acquired a later set in the piano black finish - simply stunning!

I will update my hifi thread with new pictures at a later date.

cheers

Later sets had XLO speaker cable as the internal wiring and in the umbilical + Ruark no longer drilled holes in the speaker stand to allow the use of the security screws. Seemed they damaged the sound slightly.

Good luck with the sale, this is making me regret parting with mine :(

struth
01-11-2015, 15:59
They are rather nice. Lovely build quality....

Bourney
01-11-2015, 18:00
Ahhh these were my absolute dream speakers 20 years ago. I heard them a few times at my local dealers. I had a glossy advert of them on the wall at my desk at work. Sad eh!

If you were closer I'd be buying these.

Bourney
01-11-2015, 18:02
10 hour round trip :(

struth
01-11-2015, 18:06
10hrs is worth the dream.

KONDO
02-11-2015, 19:18
hi my friend used these for years with naim kit,superb,someone is going to be happy,yours charlie

shadowphax
05-11-2015, 13:26
If I hadn't just bought a Lentek integrated on the Hifi Wigwam, I'd have been on these as I've been after some of these for ages. Most were overpriced for the condition but these look lovely.

I think you may have outbid me on the piano black ones...GGGRRRHHH!!!

Good luck with the sale.

I could have collected as well as visiting the in-laws this weekend on the south coast. The hifi gods weren't with me this time.

weetabix
08-11-2015, 13:49
Hi Charlie & Graham,

Thanks, they remain a high-end speaker, regardless of age, and really deliver just the music without being overly critical, and that's their magic.

Their condition is far better than those recently listed on that auction site, and have their original full working drive-units too.

Regards

Stephen

weetabix
11-11-2015, 17:13
Oh, they're still here.

A reminder that these stand-mount speakers offer a thoroughly engaging & musical delivery.

Their matching stands make these a superb piece of technical furniture to boot.

Truly an organic listening experience.

weetabix
14-11-2015, 14:20
***NOW SOLD*** Thanks for your interest.