PDA

View Full Version : Hi

cambridgeandy
30-10-2015, 16:26
Hi,

My name is Andy Dyke and I am new here, just finding my way around.

My music tastes are fairly eclectic, varying from old but good rock (Zep, Floyd, Genesis, The Boss etc) through to mere recent genres (Bryan Adams, Phil Collins - Genesis - I know), female vocals (Enya, Annie Lennox, Adele) and some of the new talent hitting the stage in the last few years (e.g Ed Sheeran). The only single criterion for me is it must be GOOD!

I guess I apply a similar metric to my hifi equipment. My main system is a front end Krell KPS 25sc, coupled via Krell Nordost Cast cables to a Krell Evolution 402 (keeps the living room warm) with a pair of Yamaha Soavo 1s - the weakest element but funds aren't unlimited! Second room is serviced via a 500 wpc Yamaha digital amp (MX-D1) with SWMBO mandated MA Radius speakers. As a consequence I am still married.

My Krells are off to be serviced tonight, hence i have enough time to do all the things I meant to do like joining forums, upgrading kit etc. Re the latter, the old chestnut "this will look much neater" never fails to convince when spending money on HiFi kit, I find. Just don't bother with that "it'll sound much better" nonsense. It won't be believed and is unlikely to be agreed after the case either.

Glad to meet you all, looking forward to some enjoyable banter and learning from the experience here.

Best regards,

Andy

jollyfix
30-10-2015, 16:34
Hi Andy, welcome to AOS. Enjoy the forum

trio leo
30-10-2015, 17:18
Hi Andy,

Welcome to the AoS from me, that sounds like a big system you have there, hope you find many posts and subjects that will be of interest to you.

Enjoy your music :)

Cheers Alan

walpurgis
31-10-2015, 00:13
Hello Andy. Welcome to AOS.

Some interesting gear you have there. Pictures of your system would be good in our Gallery. They'd be appreciated.

I like your take on 'hype'. I reckon you're dead right! :)

Enjoy the forum,
Geoff.

Barry
31-10-2015, 19:06
Welcome to AoS Andy,

Looks like you have found a good way to 'sweet talk' your wife into accepting new audio gear! :lol:

Nice systen by the way,

Enjoy the Forum

Barry

Eagle owl
03-11-2015, 20:34
Hello and welcome Andy.

Geoff. :wave: