PDA

View Full Version : Hi to all!!

28-10-2015, 12:48
Hi all,
Just to let you know a little bit about me.

I'm more a music lover than Hi-Fi aficionado...but that said, I have been involved in Hi-Fi in some way or another since the mid '80s. My system used to be all vinyl and tubes but in later years it has slowly drifted into digital and transistors (allthough vintage). Today my equipment consists of an old DD turntable, Squeezebox Touch, a NAD Series1000 preamp and Harman Kardon Citation Sixteen Power amp. This in turn is connected to a pair of Tannoy speakers.

My musical taste is very varied and I love to listen to Tool as much as I love to hear Pat Metheny or Miles Davis, of course I also like classical music such as Vivaldi, Mozart or Mahler, just to name a few.

I am also listening a lot via one of my head-fi setups, which consists of; Aune T1 DAC / headamp, Audioengine D1 DAC / headamp, Audioquest Nighthawk, AKG Q701, AKG k501 and Sennheiser Momentum. these setups are mostly used at the office or for late night listening.

trio leo
28-10-2015, 12:58
Hi Joem,
Welcome to the AoS from me, nothing wrong with vintage, that Harmon Kardon Citation was highly praised in it's day, hope you find some interesting posts on this friendly forum, keep spinning the black stuff.

Enjoy your music :)

cheer Al

Barry
28-10-2015, 18:00
Welcome to AoS Joern ,

I take it from your forum name, the 211 was one of the tubes you used to use. Interesting you are moving towards SS amplification and digital technology: many of our members are moving (or re-discovering) in the opposite direction!

Harmon Kardon made some excellent kit, though some would say Harmon International (owners of both Tannoy and Mark Levinson) are not the company they once were.

Nice taste in music - I'm a big Miles fan myself.

Enjoy the Forum

Regards
Barry

walpurgis
29-10-2015, 09:37
Hello Joern. Welcome to AOS.

Plenty of music lover here, so you will be in good company.

You have some interesting equipment in your system and headphones are very popular.

Enjoy the forum,
Geoff.

Eagle owl
03-11-2015, 20:42
Hello and welcome Joern.

Geoff. :wave: