PDA

View Full Version : First post

walkthenight
26-10-2015, 14:05
Hi everyone,

I'm into most styles of music; Jazz, Gospel, Soul, Funk, Disco, Rock, Folk and more.
I play records out often enough to have my current home equipment based around that too;
the usual pair of Technics 1210 mkII's, a hand built rotary DJ mixer and NAD 3020.
I found the forum while looking into upgrades and improvements (tonearms, armboards, thoughts on amplifiers etc.)
that will provide enjoyable listening while still allowing for comfortable mixing.
I'm also very fond of reel-to-reels, though admittedly, it has been a while since I used my machines.

Best regards

CageyH
26-10-2015, 18:22
Welcome aboard.
Plenty of info on pimped/modded Technics decks here.

Barry
26-10-2015, 18:34
Welcome to AoS "I'm new here".

We would like to know your real name as it makes for a frendlier forum.

What reel-to-reel machines do you have (if not use)? We have a separate section for R2R machines -"The Show Reel". Some photos would be nice to see if you can manage that. :)

Enjoy the Forum

Regards
Barry

Marco
26-10-2015, 19:13
Welcome to AoS "I'm new here".

We would like to know your real name as it makes for a frendlier forum.

Not just 'we would like'... Proper first names here are mandatory, so my Swedish friend, let's have yours - ta! :cool:

Marco.

Spectral Morn
26-10-2015, 20:44
Welcome to AoS

walkthenight
26-10-2015, 23:06
Hi again and thanks,

@Marco - Sorry about that, I'm Julian.

@Barry - Great! My only working reel-to-reel machine is one of two Revox A77's bought by my grandfather around 1970.
Later on he would use other machines for work, mainly Studers, but kept his two A77's and when I was about eighteen I got one of them as a gift
(along with some tape, lessons on how to use the machine and a simple splicing block). The second A77 is still over at his house and doing well.
Other than that I've got a Tascam 34 restoration project ahead of me, but I should probably save the details for the "Show Reel" section.
I'll make sure to post some pictures too.

@CageyH & Dalek - Thank you!

struth
26-10-2015, 23:09
Thanks Julian... enjoy the forum.:)

walpurgis
27-10-2015, 10:03
Hello Julian. Welcome to AOS.

If you like Technics turntables you've come to the right place. There is a mountain of info in the Techiepedia section.

Reel to Reels are very popular too.

Enjoy the forum,
Geoff.

walkthenight
28-10-2015, 21:52
Thank you Moderators,

Is there anything I need to do before it is possible to send PMs?

best regards,
julian

struth
28-10-2015, 21:57
Thank you Moderators,

Is there anything I need to do before it is possible to send PMs?

best regards,
julian

you will need to make a few more posts Julian.. 2 or 3 I think then pms will become available

walkthenight
28-10-2015, 22:16
Alright. Thanks, I kept rereading the FAQ but still couldn't get it to work hehe :scratch:

Eagle owl
03-11-2015, 20:44
Hello and welcome Julian.

Geoff. :wave:

Qwin
05-11-2015, 08:27
Welcome aboard! :)