PDA

View Full Version : Hi from me

Scooby
19-10-2015, 19:16
Hi All. I'm currently living in Northumberland and using a Pioneer DV717 and Beresford Caiman with Royd Edens. I'm in between amps.
I tend to like American folk based music and lots of acoustic/vocal stuff. I also like electronic music.

walpurgis
19-10-2015, 22:05
Hi Andy. welcome to AOS.

The DV 717 seems popular here for CD use. I have one, but I just play DVDs on mine :).

Tell us about any plans you may have for your system. We like to hear what people are doing. What amp are you going to get?

If you have a look around, you'll find that every aspect of Hi-Fi is covered.

Enjoy the forum,
Geoff.

struth
19-10-2015, 22:15
WElcome Andy; hope you enjoy the forum. Quite like American folk myself and also have a 717....2 in fact

Scooby
19-10-2015, 22:23
Cheers guys. Planning is probably too grand to describe my random dabbling, but I do need an amp. I'm just sitting waiting for something decent to pop up. Probably somewhere between £200 and £350 but I'm flexible on that.

The 717 is a nice thing although I really don't rate it as a player. It does do pretty well as a transport though and they are so cheap to buy, it's a no-brainier if you're on a budget.

walpurgis
19-10-2015, 22:32
Cheers guys. Planning is probably too grand to describe my random dabbling, but I do need an amp. I'm just sitting waiting for something decent to pop up. Probably somewhere between £200 and £350 but I'm flexible on that.

The 717 is a nice thing although I really don't rate it as a player. It does do pretty well as a transport though and they are so cheap to buy, it's a no-brainier if you're on a budget.

You could ask on the Private Exhibitions section for an amp. Somebody may have something suitable.

Barry
20-10-2015, 17:35
Welcome to AoS Andy,

Good luck with your plans to change your amp. Have a look in Private Exhibitions, there may be something to interest you there.

Enjoy the Forum

Regards
Barry