PDA

View Full Version : Hi everyone !! HELP alphason turntable

Aaron138
18-10-2015, 15:34
Hi everyone im new to this site ive been collecting viny for 5 years now and there is nothing better i collect ska, 2 tone, punk, oi, rock n roll 50s, popcorn, blues, northen soul, and i use a rotel Ra-560 amp i got for £7 on a carboot, wharfdale 220 diamond speakers and a alphason super nova turntable with a ortofon 2m blue cartridge but this is where i need HELP does anyone know anything about the alphason super nova turntable i cant find anything about it, just stuff on the sonata, i know its a good turntable because of the opel tonearm just want to know how rare and what people think about it thankyou

Wakefield Turntables
18-10-2015, 17:47
You need to take some better pix, I can only just make out the deck.

walpurgis
18-10-2015, 19:29
Hi Aaron. Welcome to AOS.

I can't help you with the Alphason turntable, but I'm sure somebody here may know something. Open a new thread in the Analogue Arts section and ask there. Hopefully you'll get some answers.

Tell us about any plans you may have for your system and what music you like listening to.

Enjoy the forum,
Geoff.

struth
18-10-2015, 19:40
Welcome Aaron. Not an Alphason man either, sorry

Aaron138
19-10-2015, 11:10
Thanks for replies ,and i will open a thread also the picture was rubbish i will get a better one and thanks for the welcome :)

Audio Al
19-10-2015, 12:32
The problem may be not enough JD :lol:

Spectral Morn
19-10-2015, 16:07
Welcome to AoS

Yes the Super Nova was Alphason's entry level turntable, with a truly awful bouncy top plate. It was an ok TT in the day - early 90s - but at its asking price back then, in my view a Little Pink thing was better sound wise and build wise. Sold for about £300 to £350 ish not including cart if my memory serves me right. Best bit of it in my view was the arm, though fit and finish could be a tad patchy and not as good as the Zenon or HR100.

I worked in a dealership that sold Alphason and I recall opening the box of the first one to come in and taking an instant dislike to it because of the awful attempt at giving it a sprung sub chassis which felt cheap.

If its still working ok then that was a super buy at £7.

Regards Neil

Barry
20-10-2015, 17:54
Welcome to AoS Aaron.

Enjoy the Forum

Regards
Barry

Aaron138
20-10-2015, 18:23
Cheers dalek supreme really thankfull for that information and yeah the suspened platter is very strange but a good sounding tt that ive owned and for the £7 rotel amp, it all works perfect and not a scratch on it haha i didnt no that when i bought it but £7 was worth the risk cheers:pub:

Aaron138
20-10-2015, 18:26
Cheers mate ive left a reply on my welcome thread