PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Western Australia

Slack
15-10-2015, 22:44
Just joined.
Over thirty years of chronic hi fi disease.

struth
15-10-2015, 22:49
Just joined.
Over thirty years of chronic hi fi disease.

Thats short n sweet Jon.;) like to add to that a bit mate. What system do you have, and what do you listen to these days.?? oh, and big welcome from me.

walpurgis
15-10-2015, 22:49
Hi Jon. Welcome to AOS.

You've come to the wrong place for Hi-Fi habit therapy. We'll just make you worse! :)

Tell us about your system and what music you like listening to. Are there particular areas of Hi-Fi that interest you? You'll find that every aspect is covered here.

Enjoy the forum,
Geoff.

brian2957
15-10-2015, 22:50
Aye we like the system piccies here too :) Welcome BTW Jon :)

Slack
16-10-2015, 01:28
Thats short n sweet Jon.;) like to add to that a bit mate. What system do you have, and what do you listen to these days.?? oh, and big welcome from me.

I have a few systems.
My main interest is in vintage speakers which I often restore and pass on.
Gale 401s are a real weakness -I have owned and restored five pairs of them -but I have owned most of the classic 1970s British speakers .Another favourite is the B&W DM70 hybrid electrostat which I am planning to refurbish including a complete re-veneer.
Also owned other electrostats,DIY horns and classic Tannoys.

Happy to mix new and old.I recently bought a pair of new JBL Studio 590s which I use with 1960s EL34 monoblocks which were ex ABC monitoring amps.
Accuphase gear is another weakness.Dream product would be the Accuphase DP720 CD/SACD/DAC which a friend owns and which sounds sublime.

Barry
21-10-2015, 18:15
Welcome to AoS Jon.

We would love to see some photos of your refurbished B&W DM70 speakers. :)

Enjoy the Forum

Regards
Barry