PDA

View Full Version : More Squeezebox stuff

Covenant
04-10-2009, 19:27
I have been messing around with the higher quality internet stations today and added Radio Paradise 192mp3 to my favourites-sounds stunning but should I have picked 128aac instead?
Also added Radio Caroline (320kbps) and Hi Fi Hits.
Any others you recommend?

Stratmangler
04-10-2009, 19:32
Jerry

Try this for Radio Paradise - the sound quality is stunning http://www.radioparadise.com/musiclinks/rp_128aac-2.m3u .
You will be able to play AAC stuff without any messing as long as you use SC 7.3 or above.

Chris:)

Covenant
04-10-2009, 19:35
Thanks Chris, trust me to not pick the best one.
Any other stations you rate?

Stratmangler
04-10-2009, 20:00
TBH I listen to Auntie as much as anything else, using the iPlayer plugin.

Occasionally I listen to Planet Rock http://opml.radiotime.com/Tune.ashx?id=s2377&formats=aac,mp3,wma,wmpro,wmvoice,wmvideo,ogg,real&partnerId=16

For orchestral stuff Brian (Labarum) is your man.

DaveK
04-10-2009, 22:35
Jerry

Try this for Radio Paradise - the sound quality is stunning http://www.radioparadise.com/musiclinks/rp_128aac-2.m3u .
You will be able to play AAC stuff without any messing as long as you use SC 7.3 or above.

Hi Chris,
Just thought I'd post my thanks for this link to Radio Paradise which I saw first time you posted it a few weeks ago. The sound quality is great IMHO, and I love the eclectic selection of tracks which I would describe as very wide and adult, if you know what I mean. I find myself listening to a quite a lot these days.
BTW, thanks for the return of the cable - 'twas nice to meet and chat with Colin - don't he make some nice sounding and nice looking speakers, but a touch out of my price bracket, bargain though they are.
Hope the recuperation continues well.
Cheers,

Stratmangler
04-10-2009, 22:58
Hi Chris,
Just thought I'd post my thanks for this link to Radio Paradise which I saw first time you posted it a few weeks ago. The sound quality is great IMHO, and I love the eclectic selection of tracks which I would describe as very wide and adult, if you know what I mean. I find myself listening to a quite a lot these days.
BTW, thanks for the return of the cable - 'twas nice to meet and chat with Colin - don't he make some nice sounding and nice looking speakers, but a touch out of my price bracket, bargain though they are.
Hope the recuperation continues well.
Cheers,

Hi Dave

I'm glad that you enjoy the stylistic mix of music on Radio Paradise. The link I posted is specifically there for Squeezebox use, although it seems to be quite happy with Foobar.

Thanks for the loan of the cable - it was interesting to compare it with the stuff I use.

Colin does indeed make some rather nice speakers - there is yet another build in progress at the moment, the results of which I am looking forward to hearing.

Recuperation continues at its' own rate - rather too slowly methinks, but then you can't rush nature sometimes. I'm able to drive now, which is a step in the right direction.

Cheers