PDA

View Full Version : Bake off playlist

CageyH
14-10-2015, 07:06
I am looking for suggestions of suitable music for a bake off, to enable a good system work out, and evaluation. So what I would like to know is what music would you take to a bake off, and why would you take it? What is there in the tracks you have selected that make the music suitable for a system evaluation?

Firebottle
14-10-2015, 07:54
I would take music that you know well and have listened to on other systems if you have been so lucky.
Also vinyl/CD that impresses with the quality of the production, assuming it is music you like of course.

:)

CageyH
14-10-2015, 07:57
That is the plan.
I was just hoping for a few suggestions of songs in my collection I may have overlooked.

Things like Massive Attack - Blue Lines which have "hidden" bass at about 30Hz to reveal speaker range limitations etc.

Zoidburg
14-10-2015, 09:21
Iv only been to 1 bake off (so far.....) and just took a bag full of vinyl that I liked and knew well as I thought that would be my best reference point. My thought process was also that a system might sound truly amazing but I probably would appreciate it far less if it was playing something I wasn't familiar with or didn't like, so best I took stuff I liked!