PDA

View Full Version : Greetings All!

Rocket Science
13-10-2015, 19:54
Hi, I've been lurking here a lot usually the result of google searches, seems like its my kind of Hi-Fi madhouse. On a personal note been married twice now living alone which i'm enjoying so any audio weirdness is not frowned upon. I'm putting together my retirement system, so far got Allegri ATVC, Job 225 (X2), should be ordering ET LFT8B at the end of the month, also have 3 Lenco GL75s to play with (nice to have spares) and a Well Tempered Arm which I hope to partner with a Decca cart as soon as possible. I'm an electronics engineer and do build some pieces, not built anything for years so I want to rectify that soon. I do have some bits of kit for sale which will no doubt appear here in due course. Got started in audio in the 70s I was just going to learn what I needed to put together a decent system, but it bit me big time, so its now my main interest in life, as well as music of course, without the love of music we would be a sad lot!
Dragon

r100
13-10-2015, 19:57
Welcome to the "Madhouse" :lol:

It'll be interesting to talk about that Job 225 !

All the best

Ru

walpurgis
13-10-2015, 21:35
Hello. Welcome to AOS.

There's plenty of interest in projects of all sorts here. Many Goldring Lenco and Decca fans too. If you want to post equipment photos, there's a Gallery section. They'll be appreciated.

Sounds like you've been at this game about as long as me. Tell us what music you listen to.

Just a detail, but can you put your actual name in the profile. Operating on a first name basis lets people know who you are and is friendly. Thanks.

Enjoy the forum,
Geoff.

Marco
16-10-2015, 00:26
Just a detail, but can you put your actual name in the profile. Operating on a first name basis lets people know who you are and is friendly. Thanks.

Yup, name and a proper location please!

Marco.

Rocket Science
18-10-2015, 13:34
Well I live in County Durham in the magnificent North East of the UK and my name is Gordon, I'm house trained and come from a smoke, pet, child, wife free home. While I am an Electronics Engineer, I do seem to have a Tonearm Fetish, prolly from when I was 15 and offered (my parents say threatened) to build a new tonearm for the family vinyl grinder, they averted armageddon by buying me a personal grinder (until I purchased a real Hi-Fi a couple of years later). The fascination with tonearms continues though.
Regards Gordon (the Dragon)

Marco
18-10-2015, 14:13
Hi Gordon,

Thanks for that. Now that's much better, as it feels like we're talking to a human being! On AoS, we like to create the feeling of belonging in a community of real people, which is why we prefer members to be upfront about their identity :)

Those who prefer hiding behind a cloak of anonymity are best served posting elsewhere. We like everything out in the open here. Why not start a thread in Analogue Art about your tonearm experiments? I'm sure that many members would find that most interesting :cool:

Marco.

Barry
20-10-2015, 18:39
Welcome to AoS Gordon.

Looks like you admire GL75s! No matter, I like Thorens 124s and have three of them. Love Decca cartridges as well and would be interested to know how you get on using one (which one?) in your Well Tempered Arm.

Post some photos as soon as you are able - we love to see photos of Member's systems. :) What are your tastes in music?

Enjoy the Forum

Regards
Barry

walpurgis
20-10-2015, 19:16
Looks like you admire GL75s! No matter, I like Thorens 124s and have three of them. Love Decca cartridges as well and would be interested to know how you get on using one (which one?) in your Well Tempered Arm.

Regards
Barry

Coincidentally, I am embarking on a GL75 plus Decca project myself. Mine will be a customised GL75 with Decca FFSS arm and Mk.III elliptical cartridge. I also have three GL75s in various states, plus a grotty GL68 to use as sources of parts. I'll be bunging the project on here in The Drawing Board section. We can compare notes if you like! :)