PDA

View Full Version : WTB Stereocoffee LDR

Hudz
13-10-2015, 19:51
As the title states, lookin' for a Stereocoffee LDR preamplifier, must be assembled, in a case and with a psu, aesthetics unimportant.

Postage is also a must unless its in the North East somewhere

Light Dependant Resistor
13-10-2015, 22:04
Will be glad to build a cased one for you, how many inputs do you require ?

Cheers / Chris

Hudz
14-10-2015, 08:16
Just 1 Chris please, I just intend to use it with a Pi streamer.

I would have contacted you directly but i thought you only did the bare boards and I don't have the required skillset for electronics, I was gonna get a stepped passive pre but Rupert (R100) has persuaded me otherwise.

Light Dependant Resistor
14-10-2015, 08:56
Hi Martin
I have James ( Sovereign ) wiring to finish this weekend, so can make a start on
your single input cased early next week. I have some small black box with aluminium
end pieces that will look quite nice. Sadly I am out of stock the wooden sided ones.

I will post up some images to let you see how it is progressing, and thanks Rupert !.

Cheers / Chris

Hudz
14-10-2015, 14:26
Hi Martin
I have James ( Sovereign ) wiring to finish this weekend, so can make a start on
your single input cased early next week. I have some small black box with aluminium
end pieces that will look quite nice. Sadly I am out of stock the wooden sided ones.

I will post up some images to let you see how it is progressing, and thanks Rupert !.

Cheers / Chris

Hi Chris, tis a small world we live in as it was Soverign who kindly built my balanced power supply, there's some luvverly folk on this forum

Black box sounds lovely as it will match the pi/audiophonics streamer nicely

Cheers

Sovereign
16-10-2015, 21:02
How are you getting on with the bps Martin ?

Hudz
16-10-2015, 21:27
How are you getting on with the bps Martin ?

Hi James, I'm well happy, the bps and the dedicated spur I installed have solved all my power problems, I now have the inky black background I was seeking at any time of day or night. No more waiting til 10ish for the local grid to calm down. Thanks again for the build.

Please do me a favour when you get your LDR pre from Chris and post your impressions of it as your system is probably a lot more evolved and revealing than my humble setup, so I know what I'm in for, they must be canny if your getting one.