PDA

View Full Version : Another member from Montreal, Canada

guardofmagog
07-10-2015, 00:51
Hello fellow AOS members,

First I must say that I’m a french Canadian from Montreal so my English grammar is very basic but good enough to follow the fantastic forum posts in the Technipedia section. I've been following this forum since at least 2011 and finally decided to say hi and share my experience with you. I am in the process to upgrade my SL1200 MK2.

I’ve always been an audio enthusiast but a lot more since the last 7 years. I do have a great audiophile sound system and I finally got back into vinyl last year. Can you imagine that I got rid of all my records (maybe 150) about 10 years ago and started to buy them back? Of course not all of them since I lost interest in some music group or style.

Basically I am a PROG guy. My favourite bands are Genesis, Yes, Gentle Giant, Rush, Pink Floyd, Emerson Lake and Palmer, Kink Crimson etc etc. I do love hard rock as well but for music listening I’m all into prog from 1970 to 1980. I do also love Marillion but only the Fish era. As neo-prog IQ is quite great as well.

Just three days ago I went to see Three Friends (including two of original Gentle Giant members) and of course they played only Gentle Giant music. The show was amazing and the sound quality was incredible. This was one of my favourite show and I’ve seen a lot. Gary Green as the original GG guitar player was amazing. For me it was a great opportunity to catch up with GG shows since I was only 4 years old in 1970.

My sound system includes the following:

AMP: Linar Audio Class A (Canadian made from SIMAUDIO founder)
PRE: Linar Audio PREAMP 2 (same as AMP)
CD: Teac VRDS 20 (No introduction needed used as transport only)
DAC: Pierre Lurné Audiomeca (French made)
PHONO: SIMAUDIO LP 5.3
TT: The legendary SL1200 MK2 (Mike New bearing, KAB PSU, Isonoe and more to come)

Since last year I’m listening mostly vinyl. It is a lot more fun…

Best regards to all,

Eric

guardofmagog
07-10-2015, 00:58
I forgot to describe my speakers and they are my favorite instrument in my entire sound system.

Speakers: Lafleur Audio X1 (Also Canadian made)

AMP: Linar Audio Class A (Canadian made from SIMAUDIO founder)
PRE: Linar Audio PREAMP 2 (same as AMP)
CD: Teac VRDS 20 (No introduction needed used as transport only)
DAC: Pierre Lurné Audiomeca (French made)
PHONO: SIMAUDIO LP 5.3
TT: The legendary SL1200 MK2 (Mike New bearing, KAB PSU, Isonoe and more to come)

walpurgis
07-10-2015, 09:02
Hello Eric. Welcome to AOS.

Looks like a nice system you have there. The Lafleur speakers use very high quality drive units. I don't know anything about the Linar amplification though. Some photos for the Gallery section would be appreciated.

You've certainly come to the right place for Technics enthusiasts. I see you've checked out the Techiepedia sub-section in the Analogue Arts area.

Enjoy the forum,
Geoff.

Eagle owl
11-10-2015, 08:59
Hello and welcome Eric.

Geoff. :wave:

archiesdad
11-10-2015, 10:06
Hi and welcome Eric.

Barry
21-10-2015, 18:24
Welcome to AoS Eric,

Your English is fine and a lot better than my French, so don't worry. Glad to read you have found the Techipedia section of interest.

Enjoy the Forum

Barry