PDA

View Full Version : Quad 50E Connectors

Rare Bird
02-10-2009, 23:32
Desperate for mint condition connectors for Quad 50E monoblocks..I only need one channels worth..A German company are selling these but totally crazy asking price.

One Input & One Output Connector

Dave Cawley
03-10-2009, 07:19
I could help, but your details don't show where in the World you are? And give us a name to talk to you by?

Dave

Barry
03-10-2009, 18:41
Desperate for mint condition connectors for Quad 50E monoblocks..I only need one channels worth..A German company are selling these but totally crazy asking price.

One Input & One Output Connector

Joost, from the Dutch company Dada, has managed to convince the manufacturer of the 50D and 50E 'Plessey' style connectors to start up (small scale) production. So that is why they are so expensive, as they are only being made in small quantities.

They are available from the Dada webshop:
http://quadrevisionspot.blogspot.com/

Unless you can find some on eBay (and those that have turned up have fetched similarly disproportionate prices), your only alternative is to fit additional connectors (RCA phono for the input, 4mm sockets for the output) and wire them directly to the existing multipin Plessey connectors. If you choose to follow this route, I can provide details.

Regards

Rare Bird
04-10-2009, 00:10
Yes both him & Quad have em but stupid asking.

What i'm looking for is someone who has used but near mint samples. No way on earth am i paying 100 Euro for 1960's connectors! I will sell the amps first.