PDA

View Full Version : So did you get your Glastonbury 2016 ticket then?

StanleyB
04-10-2015, 09:41
I am always too darn slow in getting the news when the tickets go on sale. Apparently they sold out in 30 minutes. The coach plus entry ones sold out in 20 minutes on Thursday. My best hope is for next April when they resell the unpaid for tickets.

Ali Tait
04-10-2015, 09:45
Yes got ours this year thankfully, missed out last year.

RichB
04-10-2015, 13:29
We managed to get them too, but it was a close thing.

It was crazy today, none of the pages would load at all for us and a friend managed to get ours. Group effort and teamwork won the day again.

Ali Tait
04-10-2015, 14:16
Good news Rich. Same for us, again not all of us got in.

RichB
04-10-2015, 14:52
I am always too darn slow in getting the news when the tickets go on sale. Apparently they sold out in 30 minutes. The coach plus entry ones sold out in 20 minutes on Thursday. My best hope is for next April when they resell the unpaid for tickets.

Do try in April Stan. 2 of our gang got sorted that way this year.

Ali Tait
04-10-2015, 14:54
Yes, I've got tickets in the resale before.

Ali Tait
04-10-2015, 14:55
Stan, if you want to PM your details nearer the time of the resale, will try to get your tickets also. The more folk helping, the more chance of success.

RichB
04-10-2015, 18:42
Stan, if you want to PM your details nearer the time of the resale, will try to get your tickets also. The more folk helping, the more chance of success.

+1

johnB
04-10-2015, 23:19
No luck for me today - couldn't even get past the first page....most of my kids got coach tickets on Thursday but I'm getting too old for coaches.

But there's always April - happy to try for you too Stan.

Failing that I hear that volunteering can be good fun, so I'll try that.

Hopefully see you in June.

John

Audio Al
05-10-2015, 04:44
I did not get any tickets , I did not try and get any :)

Not for me ,

I like viewing via the TV in the warm and dry :D

RichB
05-10-2015, 21:16
I did not get any tickets , I did not try and get any :)

Not for me ,

I like viewing via the TV in the warm and dry :D

Al, you'd love it I'm sure...I have friends who don't get it but the thing with Glastonbury is the people. Sure it gets crowded and there's always someone misbehaving but you generally meet the nicest people and have a laugh, the variable weather just adds to the fun but when the sun shines on a happy crowd there's nowhere better.

RichB
01-01-2016, 12:53
I don't normally bother with the TV coverage but stayed up last night to enjoy the couple of hours 2015 highlights on the BBC after Jools Hootenany. Realised again how much great stuff I actually missed and it saw me longing again for warm festival fields.

Saw a rumour yesterday of a Guns and Roses reunion in 2016 and whilst I don't think there'd be enough money in it for them, my inner teenager thought it would be pretty cool to see.

Other things I'm hoping for this year would be ELO and a Dave Gilmour sunset spot but I'll keep hoping and sure there'll be loads of excellent stuff regardless.

mikeyb
01-01-2016, 13:50
I would love to take my daughter, but would need accommodation and having checked prices for that area for last year, travelodge and the like we're charging £500-£1000 for the stay during the event.

So I thought that sounds like good deal NOT!!!

mikeyb
01-01-2016, 13:51
Guns and Roses are tipped for Coachella this year

RichB
01-01-2016, 15:35
I would love to take my daughter, but would need accommodation and having checked prices for that area for last year, travelodge and the like we're charging £500-£1000 for the stay during the event.

So I thought that sounds like good deal NOT!!!

We pay 900 for a Motorhome rental for the week and share this with another couple. We usually have a couple of friends camp with us who enjoy the benefits of it such as cold beers, phone charging, cooked breakfasts etc.

All of us treat it as a holiday, we think it's worth every penny for 5 days of joy.

R

mikeyb
01-01-2016, 15:44
We pay 900 for a Motorhome rental for the week and share this with another couple. We usually have a couple of friends camp with us who enjoy the benefits of it such as cold beers, phone charging, cooked breakfasts etc.

All of us treat it as a holiday, we think it's worth every penny for 5 days of joy.

R
Keyword there is share. I have to pay it all myself [emoji20]

Add that to the cost of the tickets plus travel then it's far too expensive.

RichB
01-01-2016, 15:50
Keyword there is share. I have to pay it all myself [emoji20]

Add that to the cost of the tickets plus travel then it's far too expensive.

Yeah I guess putting it in perspective, you could have a nice week somewhere sunny for that.

I have plenty friends who camp, which is free with the price of the ticket, some of them with kids in the family camping areas. Having camped a few festivals in my time I'd only do this again if I was on my own or with the lads and the alternative was not to go. The women in our group have become soft and spoiled in the last few years, as I suspect, have I.:lol:

RichB
01-02-2016, 09:58
Jeff Lynne and ELO confirmed for the Sunday afternoon slot. That has to be worth watching.

Ali Tait
01-02-2016, 12:41
Aye definitely Rich.

RichB
16-02-2016, 23:18
Coldplay on Sunday leaves me erm...cold.

A lot of people vehemently dislike them, not that I find them dislikeable, I just don't find them particularly interesting either.

Plenty of other things to see though :)

RichB
29-03-2016, 12:38
http://cdn.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/16lup800pxwidea.png

Full line up out. Plenty on here for me to like, it'll be a good year. As ever I'm fairly agnostic about the headliners but the rest of the line up makes it decent.

Art Garfunkel, Band of Horses, Daughter, Guy Garvey, Explosions in the sky, Beck, ELO, ZZ Top, New Order, EWF, Grimes, Sigur Ros, Wolf Alice, Baba Maal. All of those will be on my list to see and thats plenty.

Ali Tait
29-03-2016, 12:41
Yeah looks pretty good Rich. Be much fun as ever.

RichB
29-03-2016, 12:45
Yeah looks pretty good Rich. Be much fun as ever.

Are you going down with the trailer again Ali? Theres just one motorhome for us lot this year with a couple of tents. Not all could get tickets sadly so our numbers are diminished.

Ali Tait
29-03-2016, 12:57
Yeah same here. Yes, taking the folding camper.

RichB
29-03-2016, 13:01
Yeah same here. Yes, taking the folding camper.

Probably arriving some time on the Weds afternoon this year. Maybe convoy up if you like?

Ali Tait
29-03-2016, 13:08
Aye sounds like a plan mate, give you a shout nearer the time. Will be swinging by Leeds to pick my daughter up on the way, so could maybe meet up further south somewhere?

RichB
29-03-2016, 13:12
Aye sounds like a plan mate, give you a shout nearer the time. Will be swinging by Leeds to pick my daughter up on the way, so could maybe meet up further south somewhere?

Sounds like a good plan.

Ali Tait
29-03-2016, 13:13
Okeydokey then, will give you a shout.

jollyfix
29-03-2016, 14:24
http://cdn.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/16lup800pxwidea.png

I would say not even a quarter of the full line up. Full line up coming soon....

RichB
29-03-2016, 14:29
I would say not even a quarter of the full line up. Full line up coming soon....

Yeah, last year all the areas released their own line up flyers in their own style once the major one was out.

Was quite different and looked like they were each being encouraged to strike out on their own as mini festivals within a festival.

johnB
29-03-2016, 19:54
Ronnie Spector, oh yes.

Everything crossed for the resale! I've not failed to get there in nearly 20 years.

http://i1300.photobucket.com/albums/ag89/Jrb1961/image_zpst787fdmv.jpeg (http://s1300.photobucket.com/user/Jrb1961/media/image_zpst787fdmv.jpeg.html)

RichB
17-04-2016, 08:39
Anyone get lucky in the resale today?

Ali Tait
17-04-2016, 08:47
Was trying for some of our group, was unsuccessful though.

johnB
17-04-2016, 08:49
Anyone get lucky in the resale today?

Hi Dave - not this morning....but did got a coach ticket on Thursday. So very happy (apart from having to travel on the coach) - see you in June :)

John

Ali Tait
17-04-2016, 08:50
Good news John!

RichB
17-04-2016, 08:55
Hi Dave - not this morning....but did got a coach ticket on Thursday. So very happy (apart from having to travel on the coach) - see you in June :)

John

Happy days indeed John.

clarkey555
17-04-2016, 15:17

Full line up out. Plenty on here for me to like, it'll be a good year. As ever I'm fairly agnostic about the headliners but the rest of the line up makes it decent.

Art Garfunkel, Band of Horses, Daughter, Guy Garvey, Explosions in the sky, Beck, ELO, ZZ Top, New Order, EWF, Grimes, Sigur Ros, Wolf Alice, Baba Maal. All of those will be on my list to see and thats plenty.

I thought Adele would have been top of your list Rich haaa haaa

RichB
17-04-2016, 17:45
I thought Adele would have been top of your list Rich haaa haaa

Depends upon my time of the month Pete.

RichB
31-05-2016, 18:43
So the full line up is announced today

http://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/line-up/line-up-2016/

Looking like another eclectic festival for us. Thinking I'll probably go see Barclay James Harvest over the other headliners. I like the atmosphere of the acoustic stage.

Tame Impala make a nice addition to the line up too.

The Sunday proves difficult with lots of artists I want to see clashing with stage times though :-(

Gazjam
31-05-2016, 18:45
BJH were awesome back in the day...

johnB
01-06-2016, 21:39
So the full line up is announced today

http://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/line-up/line-up-2016/

Looking like another eclectic festival for us. Thinking I'll probably go see Barclay James Harvest over the other headliners. I like the atmosphere of the acoustic stage.

Tame Impala make a nice addition to the line up too.

The Sunday proves difficult with lots of artists I want to see clashing with stage times though :-(

Sunday Night, Gary Clark followed by Earth Wind & Fire .... Or LCD Soundsystem?

RichB
01-06-2016, 21:58
Sunday Night, Gary Clark followed by Earth Wind & Fire .... Or LCD Soundsystem?

More the afternoon and early evening really.

Beck/PJ Harvey clash

Michael Kiwanuka/Bat for Lashes/ELO...:scratch:

Ali Tait
01-06-2016, 22:31
Gotta be ELO methinks..

Macca
01-06-2016, 22:32
And Beck

RichB
20-06-2016, 21:38
Got a half days work to do tomorrow then go pick up the motorhome, get it loaded up and await the arrival of Don McCorleone.

Looks like it's going to be a sticky one, they've had a fair old lash of the weather down there. I've got decent boots and waterproofs so what will be will be...

It'll be a hoot anyway.

Ali Tait
20-06-2016, 22:23
Got the camper packed, see you tomorrow Rich.

johnB
22-06-2016, 03:43
Sitting at Reading Railway station at 4am waiting for the 6am Coach is not much fun but anyway the VW is now on site awaiting my eventual arrival.... Looking forward to seeing Ali, Rich and Dave again.

This is my 15th consecutive Glasto - can't wait - bring on the mud!

johnB
27-06-2016, 18:47
Cheers gents - Dave, Ali and Rich.......a great pleasure again. The mud makes it tougher, but what the hell.

RichB
27-06-2016, 21:06
Another great festival but that mud, according to Eavis the worst he'd seen in 46 years....

No matter, people just get on with it and you look out for each other. The Fri night we spent round the fire with John, Dave, Ali and our nearest and dearest was pretty special I thought. A warming nip of spiced rum, some great banter and putting the world to rights. Lovely.

Hope everyone had a safe journey home and it was lovely spending a bit of time with the AoS brethren too, joining camp with Don McCorleone, his daughter and her pals and my crew all getting on well.

In spite of the conditions on the ground and our delayed arrival we still saw some fabulous sets from Squeeze, Hobo Jones, The Temperance Movement, ZZ Top, Ronnie Spector, Blackberry Smoke, Ferocious Dog, Shibusashirazu Orchestra, Syd Arthur, a brief bit of Art Garfunkel, Mercury Rev, and Phillip Glass Orchestra. We also spent a bit of time around the theatre and circus fields enjoying everything from improv comedy to Bangra dancing and the various walkabout acts which Mrs B loves so much.

Sadly with our friends needing to be back in Newcastle for Monday am, we left earlier than usual on the Sunday and took a chance on a passing tractor to tow us out of the motorhome fields which meant we got home in time to catch Sunday highlights on the box :rolleyes:

None of this however shakes our love for what is the biggest and best party on the planet and we'll be back to do it all again I'm sure.

Virtual-Symmetry
27-06-2016, 22:53
Oops did I miss it again ! O well :rolleyes: