PDA

View Full Version : Integrated Amp instead of my separates

samz
02-10-2015, 21:49
Which Integrated amp should I consider if I were to replace my Naim 122x, 150x and Flatcap.

A couple of reasons I am considering this is that I don't like leaving my equipment switched on when not at home. I find the Naim takes a long time before it is finally on song.

Also it would be good to reduce the number of components I have in my system.

I play both Vinyl and CD only and am not into streaming music. I currently use Pro Ac standmount speakers but will be hoping to purchase a pair of floorstanders sometime in the future. I use a Linn LP12 for vinyl. I listen to prog rock, jazz, disco.

Ideally it would be great to have a really good integrated for under £1500 that I can switch off when not in use.

walpurgis
02-10-2015, 22:16
For that kind of money, there's no doubt what I'd be wanting to give a very serious try in my system. A Creek Destiny 2.

http://www.hifichoice.co.uk/news/article/creek-destiny-2--pound;1749/9718

http://www.techradar.com/reviews/audio-visual/hi-fi-and-audio/amplifiers/creek-destiny-2-926937/review

struth
02-10-2015, 22:46
think there is a destiny on the bay actually, but may be the original one... looked a nice amp....had a creek pre once and it was nicely built

samz
03-10-2015, 00:14
I will certainly have a read up on the Creek Destiny 2. Looking at alternatives are there any opinions on the Rega Elicit R or Sugden Integrated amplifiers or Croft.

killie99
03-10-2015, 07:41
You might manage to pick up a Luxman L550 aii at that price, stunning amp with an exceptionally good MM/MC phono stage.

rallye666
03-10-2015, 09:16
I just purchased a creek destiny 2 on the 2nd hand market. Paid under £500 so I think it's a bit of a bargain if one comes up at a similar price.

It has some very versatile features that are ideal for me.
The 2 sets of speaker terminals can either switched on or off, or run concurrently for biwiring.

I use one pair of terminals to a subwoofer. So I can switch the sub on or off very easily from the creeks remote.

It also has the option of a passive or active pre-amp, can't say I notice much difference in my set up, but the adjustable gain settings in active mode might be ideal for someone else.

Oh, and it sounds sublime with my ls50 standmounts!

hifi_dave
03-10-2015, 09:17
A Rega Elicit-R will do the job for you, as will the excellent Croft Integrated-R.

samz
04-10-2015, 17:09
A Rega Elicit-R will do the job for you, as will the excellent Croft Integrated-R.

Thanks, I have read a lot about Croft Amplifiers and I would really like to hear one of these, especially the Croft Phono Integrated or similar. I am not sure how far the dealer network extends for these amplifiers and looks unlikely that I would get to hear any of these in South Wales.

I am very much hoping to either trade in or sell my Naim equipment and Heed Phono Stage and go for a fully integrated amp with built in MM phono, with a view to also adding some funds for a pair of speakers such as Harbeth.

vinyljunky
04-10-2015, 18:22
I may have a croft phono intergrated for sale shortly if it does not float my mates boat.This has been a stunning amp for me the built in phono stage is superb I will let you know if he declines the amp I could let you have it on demo with a view to purchase I'll see how pete gets on with it.:D

banjoman
05-10-2015, 11:23
I may have a croft phono intergrated for sale shortly if it does not float my mates boat.This has been a stunning amp for me the built in phono stage is superb I will let you know if he declines the amp I could let you have it on demo with a view to purchase I'll see how pete gets on with it.:D

I'd go for a Croft Integrated R as suggested before or a Teddy Pardo i80A integrated amp (there's one for sale on PFM at the moment) - both superb and will beat most Naim combos IMO

andrasszamek
07-10-2015, 08:06
i wuold also recommend creek: solid, very good sounding stuff, no frills. the new ones are suppsed to be good though i havent heard them. i did own an evo2 and it was a great amp, i kept it on all the time, no issues.