PDA

View Full Version : Is there a good reason why ...

Kung fu dog
01-10-2015, 06:38
.. I shouldn't buy a yamaha rn500? It seems to have everything I want ( a dac, streamer , airplay plus a multi source amp ) at a bargain price. I m looking for a way to play music from my nas but want to keep my CD player and possible add a turntable. It would be replacing my old rotel RA 810 a , amp. It seems like it does everything but that makes me worry that it might not be good at anything.

Desmo
01-10-2015, 08:10
.. I shouldn't buy a yamaha rn500? It seems to have everything I want ( a dac, streamer , airplay plus a multi source amp ) at a bargain price. I m looking for a way to play music from my nas but want to keep my CD player and possible add a turntable. It would be replacing my old rotel RA 810 a , amp. It seems like it does everything but that makes me worry that it might not be good at anything.

It got a decent review on What HiFi, http://www.whathifi.com/yamaha/r-n500/review but the lack of wifi and to a lesser extent bluetooth would put me off. If you are looking for a solution that uses wired ethernet, then it should be OK.

Macca
01-10-2015, 13:50
My guess is that it will sound a bit bland compared to the old Rotel.

But that is only a guess as I've not heard one.

Wakefield Turntables
01-10-2015, 13:55
Itch.....scratch it :eek: