PDA

View Full Version : analog tape basic-theory-and-alignment

337alant
24-09-2015, 16:41
Take the UDEMY analog tape basic-theory-and-alignment test, its a very interesting course for us Tape heads :eyebrows:

https://www.udemy.com/analog-audio-tape-recorder-basic-theory-and-alignment/learn/#/

Alan

Lodgesound
24-09-2015, 18:47
I had thought of actually doing a lecture in this for some time that folk would actually attend.

Lodgesound
24-09-2015, 18:57
I wonder if there would be any interest...

PaulStewart
24-09-2015, 19:25
I had thought of actually doing a lecture in this for some time that folk would actually attend.

I wonder if there would be any interest...

Some years ago I was asked to give a talk to Lasky's staff about pure metal tapes, when they were launched onto the market by JVC and 3M. I prepared a real world talk, but at the last minute, the national sales manager insisted that I re give the presentation given to the AES. After about 3 minutes of talking,just I was getting into the hysteresis curves, I noticed that ALL the eyes looking at me had glazed over. I threw away the AES talk and went to the words of one syllable version. Stewart, it would be interesting, but remember the KISS factor

Lodgesound
24-09-2015, 19:40
Thanks Paul.....I will refrain from such enthusiasm in future...

As a senior manager once said to me ......"nobody would listen to an unqualified waste of space such as you"....

What a waste of time all this sound stuff was......sad really.

I am grateful to have left it professionally now.

PaulStewart
24-09-2015, 20:22
Stewart, do the talk, i'm sure at a HiFi show it would go down really well, just a case of pitching it to the market :)

Lodgesound
24-09-2015, 20:25
Thanks for saying Paul but in all honesty I am done with it now.....to be honest very glad to be away from it.

337alant
25-09-2015, 02:45
Stewart,
Yes I would certainly be interested in attending, I am very interested in learning more about this subject but its difficult to find any good (laymans terms) literature on it.
The Udemy course is right at my level and I found it interesting.
This is just a hobby to me and I am learning ususally by my mistakes as I go along.
People like yourself and Paul are very few and far between nowerdays so it would be very interesting to me to share some of your knowledge.
Id love to spend an afternoon in a recording studio whare they still use tape

Alan

Ali Tait
25-09-2015, 08:17
+1, I'd be interested also. Much to learn there is.

Audio Al
25-09-2015, 10:22
And me :D