PDA

View Full Version : Good evening from Northamptonshire

jda99
22-09-2015, 20:23
Hello,

My name is John, and I have had an interest in audio for many years - it being initially provoked by envy of friends’ Garrard SP25s/Teleton amps/Wharfdale Denton systems, back in the seventies. It’s a slippery slope isn’t it?
Having been collecting records since the mid-sixties, vinyl is still my preference, played via a modified Technics 1210 (bearing, power supply, etc.) fitted with a Scheu Cantus arm and Lyra Delos cartridge. My phono amp is an elderly, although recently serviced/refurbished, EAR 834P. For CD and file playing I use an Oppo 105, which is a brilliant piece of kit.
I have just had to change amplification. For some years I have been using a TACT RCS2.0, with room correction, feeding a 300B valve power amp. Sadly, the TACT dropped a channel, and with the prospect of a repair looking close to zero, both have now been replaced by a Lyngdorf TDAI-2170 – because room correction is something I see as a necessity.
And the music comes out of a pair of Martin Logan Theos speakers that, once run in - and it takes a long time, sound great.
And so to the music. Varied, from rock/pop to classical music. Fond of Beatles, Bruckner, Bowie, Berlioz, Gabriel, Mahler, Elbow, Sibelius.

Many thanks,

John

struth
22-09-2015, 20:27
Hello and welcome John. Sounds like youve got some nice kit there, and seem pretty happy with it. Hope you enjoy the forum Mate.

walpurgis
23-09-2015, 08:43
Hello John. Welcome to AOS.

SP25, Teleton, Dentons. That brings back memories, many started out with similar.

That's a nice system you have. If you have any changes in mind we'd like to hear about them.

Some system photos for the Gallery section would be welcome.

Enjoy the forum,
Geoff.

Barry
27-09-2015, 20:40
Welcome to AoS John.

Yes, Garrard SP25, Teleton, Wharfedale speakers - ah, happy memories. :)

Looks like you have moved on nicely from that set up!

Enjoy the Forum

Regards
Barry