PDA

View Full Version : King Crimson live at The Lowry 11:09:15

Floyddroid
20-09-2015, 08:25
I recently had the pleasure of waching King Crimson at The Lowry in Salford. Below is my review of the gig for www.progmeister.com

http://progmeister.com/king-crimson-the-lowry-salford-11092015

:)

petrat
04-10-2015, 09:12
Great review, Steve! I caught them at Birmingham. First time I'd seen them.
Two weeks later, and I think I'm still on a high. What a band! And to think their average age is over 60 ... totally inspiring.
No need for me to say anything further ... your review is exactly the one I would like to have written :clap:

Jimbo
04-10-2015, 10:04
I heard they did not move on stage or interact with the audience - like stuffed dummies?

petrat
04-10-2015, 16:16
Well ... Fripp, Levin and Collins are all 69, so not sure what you'd be expecting from them :wheniwasaboy:
Three drummers playing like whirling dervishes more than captivated the attention tbh, and for sheer musical energy, they beat any band I've seen for a while. Mind you, I'm a jazz fan, so not used to much in the way of visual stimulation :nono:

:D

HackneyRF
05-10-2015, 11:20
I heard they did not move on stage or interact with the audience - like stuffed dummies?

That certainly could be said of Robert Fripp. Not a single smile or acknowledgement of the audience appreciation in Aylesbury. I don't imagine the audience would be expecting overt displays of gratitude, but these folks were paying a fair whack for a ticket/Merchandise/record etc. The price of the ticket was probably reflected in the musicianianship however, which was of a very high standard indeed. A brief hand up would have sufficed though. Grumpy git!

Jimbo
05-10-2015, 11:27
That certainly could be said of Robert Fripp. Not a single smile or acknowledgement of the audience appreciation in Aylesbury. I don't imagine the audience would be expecting overt displays of gratitude, but these folks were paying a fair whack for a ticket/Merchandise/record etc. The price of the ticket was probably reflected in the musicianianship however, which was of a very high standard indeed. A brief hand up would have sufficed though. Grumpy git!

Yes heard they were note perfect.