PDA

View Full Version : Cheers from Italy

manina
30-09-2009, 09:13
Hi,

after few years of doing nothing on my home audio equipment, for various reasons, it's time to get back and upgrade the system. I was googling around and I was impressed by the competence of the people in this forum.

I leave in a small village not far from Milano and my system is currently the following:
Linn Genki - DAC to be (likely to be a Caiman) - Bartolomeo Aloia ST-140 - ProAc Studio 130.

The ST-140 will need some re-capping as the electrolites are close to their life-end (getting old), the x-over of the 130 need better components and the DAC is not yet here.

Cheers to everyone:cool:

DaveK
30-09-2009, 09:22
Hi,

I was googling around and I was impressed by the competence of the people in this forum.

Welcome manina,
The statement quoted above is certainly correct, added to which they are all very friendly and helpful, a very rewarding combination.
The usual questions asked of new members are: -
1) what is your first name - it makes the forum seem more friendly.
2) what music do you like to listen to,
3) can you post photos of your set up in the Gallery area - we like pics on this forum.
Enjoy your stay.
Cheers,

Spectral Morn
30-09-2009, 10:10
Hi,

after few years of doing nothing on my home audio equipment, for various reasons, it's time to get back and upgrade the system. I was googling around and I was impressed by the competence of the people in this forum.

I leave in a small village not far from Milano and my system is currently the following:
Linn Genki - DAC to be (likely to be a Caiman) - Bartolomeo Aloia ST-140 - ProAc Studio 130.

The ST-140 will need some re-capping as the electrolites are close to their life-end (getting old), the x-over of the 130 need better components and the DAC is not yet here.

Aloia is very, very good. The ST-140 is worth getting recapped IMHO as its one of those interesting designs with great sound though the PSU if its the inductance one is very heavy. Small long box with......ummmm, think weight of a crushed car. I had the pre-power in my system for awhile a few years ago and enjoyed it a lot...though ultimately I preferred the sound of valves.

Please post some photos of your set up.

Welcome to AOS.

Regards D S D L

manina
30-09-2009, 10:14
Welcome manina,
The statement quoted above is certainly correct, added to which they are all very friendly and helpful, a very rewarding combination.
The usual questions asked of new members are: -
1) what is your first name - it makes the forum seem more friendly.
2) what music do you like to listen to,
3) can you post photos of your set up in the Gallery area - we like pics on this forum.
Enjoy your stay.
Cheers,

You are right.:doh:

My name is Roberto and I'm in the 40 - I listen various type of music however if I have to choose one, I go for classic, Beethoven above all.

I'll do my home work and get some pictures for the gallery.

Marco
30-09-2009, 10:27
Ciao Roberto,

Benvenuto a AoS! I miei parenti vengono da Lucca, Toscana, e concosco assai bene la zona di Milano.

Spero che qui ti divertirsi bene :)

Cordialmente,
Marco.

Alex_UK
30-09-2009, 11:56
Yeah, what he said! ^^^^^ (I unserstand the Ciao Roberto, at least!)

Welcome to the forum, some people rely on their expert knowledge, others on just being friendly and enthusiastic - I'm in the second group! (That's not to say of course that the experts are not also friendly & enthusiastic!)

Nice to see we are getting a few more overseas members recently, too - a good cosmopolitan mix is always to be encouraged. Enjoy the forum!

aquapiranha
02-10-2009, 17:13
Hello Roberto!