PDA

View Full Version : Whiskey, Yello, and a great way to enjoy music.

Floyddroid
17-09-2015, 12:52
I am saddened by the often negative comments made about the music of yello. whilst recently listening to my vinyl copy of Touch a close friend called by and said to me "is That Yello you're listening to? can,t stand em, muzak for audio nuts!" My somewhat short response to this was "tough, i love em!"
I was introduced to Yello by an old acquaintance whom i shared most Saturday afternoons/evenings with consuming copious amounts of whiskey and listening to his vastly superior hi-fi system. Whilst reflecting on such events with fondness recently i decided to relive such an afternoon minus the Yello heretic who was replaced with a more appreciative co-listener. Starting with an old favourite yello album (CD) MOTION PICTURE I managed to consume my first glass of Auchentoshan and started to care less and less what others actually thought of Yello or indeed any other of my more avent garde penchants.
Indeed having finished my drunken music session i felt elated and fully realized my investment. What a great way to spend an afternoon. Yello, whiskey and good company of like minded folk=priceless! Listening to BLENDERS from the bands BABY album was an absolute treat though i have to confess that the CD version was a tad more dynamic than my vinyl copy.

The missus is away next weekend so i have designated the full weekend as an indoor music festival Starting with Yello and ERA. I am hard at work on the rest of my play list and organising a liver transplant. Expect some stupid hard to understand posts. Even more so than my usual ones.:cool::champagne::drinking::cocktail::comatos e:

dantheman91
17-09-2015, 13:15
Music for audio nuts they maybe but the scale and production is something to be desired they are a fabulous duo but the same with any band , genre people will love them some might hate them but i'm for one that has a keen interest in them. On a good system they have the ability too make they hairs on your nick stand on end try "Flag for reference any system any time this one gets me going..

*****Rating Page

awkwardbydesign
17-09-2015, 15:56
I am saddened by the often negative comments made about the music of yello. whilst recently listening to my vinyl copy of Touch a close friend called by and said to me "is That Yello you're listening to? can,t stand em, muzak for audio nuts!" My somewhat short response to this was "tough, i love em!"
Good for you. Not my cup of tea, nor is whiskey, but you should hear some of the **** that I love. Or maybe not! :eek:

Tarzan
17-09-2015, 15:59
I was introduced to Yello by an old acquaintance whom i shared most Saturday afternoons/evenings with consuming copious amounts of whiskey and listening to his vastly superior hi-fi system. Whilst reflecting on such events with fondness recently i decided to relive such an afternoon minus the Yello heretic who was replaced with a more appreciative co-listener. Starting with an old favourite yello album (CD) MOTION PICTURE I managed to consume my first glass of Auchentoshan and started to care less and less what others actually thought of Yello or indeed any other of my more avent garde penchants.
Indeed having finished my drunken music session i felt elated and fully realized my investment. What a great way to spend an afternoon. Yello, whiskey and good company of like minded folk=priceless! Listening to BLENDERS from the bands BABY album was an absolute treat though i have to confess that the CD version was a tad more dynamic than my vinyl copy.

The missus is away next weekend so i have designated the full weekend as an indoor music festival Starting with Yello and ERA. I am hard at work on the rest of my play list and organising a liver transplant. Expect some stupid hard to understand posts. Even more so than my usual ones.:cool::champagne::drinking::cocktail::comatos e:

Well done Steve- that is the spirit.:fingers:

mik_rik
17-09-2015, 16:08
It,s what listening to music at home is all about ,Steve.Often in by myself as my much better half looks calls in her mother's who is housebound , music is on and often finish off with Jethro tull,tempted to pick up the poker and become the man himself.I can and do appreciate where you're coming from

Tarzan
17-09-2015, 16:43
It,s what listening to music at home is all about ,Steve.Often in by myself as my much better half looks calls in her mother's who is housebound , music is on and often finish off with Jethro tull,tempted to pick up the poker and become the man himself.I can and do appreciate where you're coming from

x2- that is why we are in this game .:)

mik_rik
17-09-2015, 16:54
Yep , old enough to know better -but that has never stopped me it,s just what music does.[apologies to whoever first said the first part of this post - just seemed appropriate ,so I used it]:)

Pieoftheday
17-09-2015, 18:49
:drinking:

I don't know yello's stuff, but I do like whisky/whiskey.which yello album would be a good place to start?

The Black Adder
17-09-2015, 18:51
MMMMM-OH-YEEEAAH!

That was my first track I heard from Yello - it was in Ferris Bueller's Day Off, loved that film when I was in my teens.

awkwardbydesign
17-09-2015, 18:59
If I bop about when I'm on my own, the cat likes to join in! But don't tell anyone. http://i558.photobucket.com/albums/ss26/CSBDan/Smilies/zip.gif

Pieoftheday
17-09-2015, 19:03
MMMMM-OH-YEEEAAH!

That was my first track I heard from Yello - it was in Ferris Bueller's Day Off, loved that film when I was in my teens.

Josie, the Stella album it is then

Floyddroid
17-09-2015, 20:32
i would recommend starting off with baby.
Josie, the Stella album it is then

Ali Tait
18-09-2015, 08:16
Wash your mouth out with soap young man, it's WHISKY, not bloody WHISKEY! :-)

Floyddroid
18-09-2015, 08:20
Sorry Ali. How about Scotch? Is that ok?

awkwardbydesign
18-09-2015, 08:22
In MY defense, I just copied Floyddroid! I thought there was something wrong when I typed it, but couldn't work out what. :doh:

Desmo
18-09-2015, 08:30
Thanks for this thread. I'm now sitting listening to a Yello compilation CD called "Essential Yello" on Smash Records 1992. I've not heard it for years, they used to be quite a favourite band of mine so I'm enjoying hearing all their old stuff again. No whisky for me though, way too early in the morning, and anyway I can't stand the stuff. Not been able to drink whisky since an unfortunate Hogmany in Aberdeen back in the 1970's !!!

Floyddroid
18-09-2015, 10:20
Richard you snitch!
In MY defense, I just copied Floyddroid! I thought there was something wrong when I typed it, but couldn't work out what. :doh:

struth
18-09-2015, 10:33
The Irish added an E as they didnt want their stuff mixed up with our muck of the time.. Now ours is better than theirs:eyebrows:

mikmas
18-09-2015, 10:48
I am saddened by the often negative comments made about the music of yello.

Just people who know no better :lol:
Used to have a couple of Yello CDs before I got burgled and never replaced them - shame really cos I loved em (but thereagain I love Art of Noise so what would I know....)

thanks for reminding me .... will pop off to eBay now and have a browse ;)

vegman1973
18-09-2015, 13:11
Never heard of them but each to there own. As for the Whisky now your talking [emoji7]

Pieoftheday
18-09-2015, 15:24

Big fan of whiskey mesen;)

Barry
18-09-2015, 21:08
The Irish added an E as they didnt want their stuff mixed up with our muck of the time.. Now ours is better than theirs:eyebrows:

A matter of opinion surely - but I wouldn't argue: I love Laphroaig, Lagavulin, Oban and several others. :)

struth
18-09-2015, 21:31
A matter of opinion surely - but I wouldn't argue: I love Laphroaig, Lagavulin, Oban and several others. :)

I like Irish whiskey, but ours is better; no doubt now. back in the day Scotch was ghastly aparently and was giving the Irish whisky of that time a bad name, so it was done to distinguish it. Interestingly in the US, Irish Americans kept the "E" and Scotsdidnt use it, and bourbon etc can be traced mostly that way;)

Floyddroid
18-09-2015, 23:19
A lot of positive stuff here.

Ali Tait
19-09-2015, 06:25
Sorry Ali. How about Scotch? Is that ok?

Ok I'll let you of this time, don't let it happen again. :-)

Pieoftheday
19-09-2015, 19:05
Going up to Cumbria in November, apparently there's a distillery there, never had English whisky