PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Lincolnshire

macman
14-09-2015, 21:32
Hi, my name's Mark. And as the title says I'm from Lincolnshire. Been into music/audio around 20 years. Started off with a pair of Technics 1200Mk2 with an old Panasonic amp and Technics speakers (bedroom DJ). Then moved onto a Technics pre and power amp (the one with the needle dials), with a Marrantz CD63se and a Sony minidisc player/recorder and a pair of B&W 603s2. The technics made way for a Myrad pre and power before getting rid and beginning the MF stage. I now run Musical Fidelity x-series. 2 of x-as100 power amps, x-p100 pre amp, x-ray cd player and a Linn Axis. Just had the amps serviced which has bought them back to life (which is nice).
Music wise, I pretty much listen to anything from Bluegrass, Rock to accoustic. Anything as long as it sounds good.

struth
14-09-2015, 21:47
Welcome Mark. I hope you enjoy your time here.:)

Spectral Morn
14-09-2015, 23:05
Welcome to AoS

Regards Neil

Eisener Bart
15-09-2015, 07:03
Welcome, Mark!

walpurgis
15-09-2015, 09:28
Hello Mark. Welcome to AOS.

Sounds like you're pretty happy with your system. Did you have any changes in mind?

You'll find that every aspect of Hi-Fi is covered here, so there should be plenty to interest you.

Feel free to start a thread in the Gallery section and add some photos. They'd be appreciated.

Enjoy the forum,
Geoff.

macman
15-09-2015, 21:51
Thanks all. Yes Geoff, I was thinking of getting a pair of Spendor S8e. I hear they sound very nice. What's your thoughts??

walpurgis
15-09-2015, 22:03
Thanks all. Yes Geoff, I was thinking of getting a pair of Spendor S8e. I hear they sound very nice. What's your thoughts??

Not heard those Mark, but I'm sure they'll have a rather different character to the B&Ws. I tend to like Spendors, but have not been that keen on the B&Ws I've listened to.