PDA

View Full Version : GARRARD 301.... BASTIN Plinth.... SME 3012

take5
14-09-2015, 09:09
Selling my Turntable , per the title.

GARRARD 301 This is in fantastic condition and works perfectly.

The paintwork is virtually immaculate, with only one very minor blemish to the paintwork on a rear back edge. You would have to be looking very hard for it before you would see it.

Even the screw heads look new. I don’t know the service history but the guy I bought it from was very particular about his stuff and it has been very well looked after.
When I bought it, he pointed out that the spark suppressor could do with being changed as there was a little pop on switch on. I took it over to Mike Powel in Bolton to do this little job for me, and he commented on how good this was.

The platter is the non strobe version. I don’t know if this has been repainted, but it is also in fantastic condition, with only a few very minor blemishes which are barely noticeable.
( However I do have another 301, which I have been trying to sell.
It has a strobe platter. A buyer can have either platter. )

MARTIN BASTIN PLINTH Just fantastic, both visually and performance wise.

These plinths tackle the problem of motor vibration in a very nice way. Normally the motor in a Garrard “hangs “ off the chassis, by means of 3 screws. Mr Bastins plinths avoid this by having 3 bolts come up from the floor of the plinth and fixing into the motor from underneath. So, separating the motor from the chassis.
Does it work? Well, to my ears it sounds “ better” than either of the other two plinths that I had this in previously.

So, Im saying… yes it works.

It can however be easily reversed back to conventional. I have the screws.

The plinth is a work of art and the level of craftsmanship is obvious.

The plinth and the lid are in unmarked condition. The lid can be removed whilst using, if needed.
It is very heavy!!

SME 3012 This is the 12” version. Again, it is in immaculate and works perfectly with no issues.
When I was over at Mike Powel’s I took some old SME arm cables over with me and he re-terminated them and generally tidied them up. I include one of these.
I am using the “heavy/large” counterweight at the moment as my cartridge is very heavy. I will be selling the arm with the normal counterweight and one the rider weights. This will do the job with normal cartridges.

Quite a few Wammers have heard this at a recent Bakeoff and it was very well received that day.

As I mentioned above, I have another 301 which I am trying to sell for £700. It is also great. Just not quite as visually great as this!!. One of them must go.
At the moment, I wont split this “better” 301 from the Bastin plinth. I may split them from the SME arm. Maybe !!

To give you an idea of the kind of values, here is how I value them individually.
301 : £850
Plinth : £400
3012 : £ 675
I am asking £1775 for all 3. So, just add a cartridge and you are off.

Demo is welcome here, or I may be able to deliver for a contribution to petrol costs.
I live in Lancs

To comply with forum rules re a picture, a friend is going to post one as soon as possible.

I also have more pictures and if anyone would like to see them, please send me an E Mail address by Pm.

thanks

belloire
14-09-2015, 09:09
http://i1233.photobucket.com/albums/ff393/belloire/turntable_zpsicds3p8p.jpg (http://s1233.photobucket.com/user/belloire/media/turntable_zpsicds3p8p.jpg.html)

take5
14-09-2015, 09:15
Darren, thanks.

that was quick :eek:

vegman1973
15-09-2015, 18:20
Nice piece of kit there mate

take5
17-09-2015, 06:24
Bump

Wakefield Turntables
17-09-2015, 07:49
Has your 301 been fettled by Martin Bastin?

take5
17-09-2015, 08:35
Has your 301 been fettled by Martin Bastin?

Andrew, no it hasnt.

Wakefield Turntables
17-09-2015, 09:29
TBF I honestly think your not charging enough for this. I'd have snapped your hand off If it wasn't for the fact I've got a very similar setup at home. Putting a set like this together easily costs more than the asking price. This is a real bargain folks.

take5
19-09-2015, 09:20
TBF I honestly think your not charging enough for this.

Putting a set like this together easily costs more than the asking price. This is a real bargain folks.

Andrew, thanks for your positive input.

I agree !!!

however, it remains available.

take5
22-09-2015, 17:40
bump

take5
26-09-2015, 08:04
I will sell the 301 and plinth for £1150.

both are in fantastic condition.

take5
03-10-2015, 06:53
........................SOLD ...............

Jimbo
03-10-2015, 09:27
Darlek Supreme - exterminate!?:)