PDA

View Full Version : Save our FM Response

DaveK
29-09-2009, 13:01
Hi,
Just read the response to our petition from No. 10. IMHO more verbal claptrap from a government that doesn't care/understand/give a shit. Just the usual, "Yes we know and we have and are continuing to throw money at it", (whether that's true or false doesn't seem to impinge on their thoughts).
Roll on the revolution, 'cos the next lot ain't gonna be any better, no matter who they are, IMHO.
Cheers,
Cheers,

Marco
29-09-2009, 13:15
Hi Dave,

Just read the response to our petition from No. 10...

Where - can you provide a link? :)

If it's in the papers, or something, I don't read them.

Marco.

lovejoy
29-09-2009, 13:45
To be fair, it was a 'Switch off DAB' rather than a 'Save our FM' petition. I think a 'save our FM' petition would have been a much better idea.

I loved the bit at the end of the response though... "Some people's opinions on the quality of DAB are based on poor reception quality". I would say some, but not many, the rest of them are based on the fact that it sounds crap and is at too low a bitrate.

Marco
29-09-2009, 13:55
Ahem, people (Rich, you'll do!)... Where does one read this "response"??

Marco.

Stratmangler
29-09-2009, 14:58
Where does one read this "response"??

You can find it here (http://www.number10.gov.uk/Page20790) .

Chris:)

Marco
29-09-2009, 15:12
Cheers, Chris - I should've thought of looking there! :doh:

Marco.

alb
29-09-2009, 17:27
Looks like the best thing I can hope for is a generous government radio scrappage scheme, for the half dozen analogue radios in my household.
As if.
Or a large scale resurgance in pirate radio.:)

Spectral Morn
29-09-2009, 17:39
Typical crap from a government who will do and say anything to stay our BIG BROTHER.

It wont be long now before our children our taken by them and brain washed in state care. We can do better. Latest policy will see single mothers of a certain age forced to stay in state run facilities so their children can be properly cared for. We now have children dying from a vacination which encourages the very behaviour which leads to the conception of children young and out of marriage. Where is the joint up thinking ? Encourage promiscuity and this is what you get. They are also encouraging the breaking of the law in regard to underage sex.

Sorry off topic but all of this is indicative of the morons we have in government.

Regards D S D L

SteveW
29-09-2009, 19:11
Not meaning to be too flippant...

But they can have one of mine.

Hormonal 17 year olds. I mean...they don't tell you, do they?

Alex_UK
29-09-2009, 22:02
What a p.o.s. - "In the UK, over 9 million DAB sets have been sold, and those listeners who have purchased a DAB receiver have the right to expect that their sets will continue to work in the future."

But the owners of XX(?) Million FM sets don't have the same right? If I want radio in my car after the cutoff, it will either cost a fortune (its built in to the satnav) or be some "Heath Robinson" adaptation - I'm sure the government will give me a grant to pay for it... What a bunch of [insert your choice of expletive].

The Grand Wazoo
29-09-2009, 22:10
What a p.o.s. - "In the UK, over 9 million DAB sets have been sold, and those listeners who have purchased a DAB receiver have the right to expect that their sets will continue to work in the future."

That statement is exactly the one I predicted a few weeks back when this all blew up.

Spectral Morn
01-10-2009, 13:47
Interesting debate here on "Digital Spy" about Dab/Dab+ and FM switch off.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1075219

Regards D S D L