PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Croatia - help required

Arti
10-09-2015, 22:06
Hi all,

Upon recent search about my Technics SL-1200 MK2 mods and repair I stumbled upon this group and decided to join. Glad I did.

Still I found no answer about my particular problem, so maybe someone can help me.

The strobe on my platter jumps slightly and corrects itself immediately once in a revolution. The hissing/sticking noise is then heard when listening close to the platter.

When I remove the platter and loosen the far left screw from the center plastic cup over the motor, the platter jumps far less then when I tighten all three screws.

Any ideas?

struth
10-09-2015, 22:37
Hi Vlado. Welcome to AoS. This welcome area s for you to give us an introduction to you, your system; type of music you like etc. Once youve done that, you could open a thread in the technapedia section that covers all technics turntables, and it where you are likely to find an answer.
regards Grant

walpurgis
11-09-2015, 09:16
Hello Vlado. Welcome to AOS.

You've come to the right place for advice on your Technics.

Try starting a thread in the Techiepedia area here: http://theartofsound.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?46-The-Techiepedia

Ask your questions and I'm sure you'll get plenty of answers.

Tell us what music you listen to and about the rest of your system.

You can post equipment photos in the Gallery section if you like. They are always appreciated.

Enjoy the forum,
Geoff.

Barry
11-09-2015, 10:12
Welcome to AoS Vlado.

Suggest you re-post your introduction into the 'Techiepedia' section of the Forum. That way it will be spotted by members here who use a Technics 1200 deck, and, I'm sure, will be very willing to help you with your problem.

What sort of music do you like to play on your Technics, and what components form the rest of your system?

Hope you get your problem sorted out soon,

Regards
Barry

Arti
11-09-2015, 18:04
Hi all,

Really sorry for disturbing you, and thanks for the suggestions.

My equipment consists of:

Pass Labs x2.5 pre + Pass Labs X-150 (amp)
Accuphase DP-75 CD player
Technics SL-1200 MK2 and Transcriptors Skeleton with Vestigal arm
Vienna Acoustics Beethoven Concert Grand
Double Shotgun - Clear day speaker cables

As for the type of music, mostly Jazz, some rock.

Vlado

struth
11-09-2015, 18:13
Hi all,

Really sorry for disturbing you, and thanks for the suggestions.

My equipment consists of:

Pass Labs x2.5 pre + Pass Labs X-150 (amp)
Accuphase DP-75 CD player
Technics SL-1200 MK2 and Transcriptors Skeleton with Vestigal arm
Vienna Acoustics Beethoven Concert Grand
Double Shotgun - Clear day speaker cables

As for the type of music, mostly Jazz, some rock.

Vlado

That all sounds very nice Vlado. If you open a thread in http://theartofsound.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?46-The-Techiepedia I am sure someone will be able to help.

Eagle owl
12-09-2015, 06:46
Hello and welcome Vlado.

Geoff. :wave: