PDA

View Full Version : Hello everybody!

intothemusic
09-09-2015, 20:15
I am from Sweden, but live in Germany at the moment.

Found this page by coincidence when I was looking for more info about a Beresford DAC.

My system is all UK products at the moment.

I guess that I am open when it comes to music. Listen to rock, pop, reggea. electronic and so on, new or old does not matter, but I tend to listen to older stuff from bands like Pink Floyd, Allan Parsons Project, Led Zeppelin, Neil Young and so on.

The Black Adder
09-09-2015, 20:19
Welcome, Henrik.

Sounds like a great system. Let's have some details :)

Great music tastes too!... right up my street! :)

Plenty of stuff about Beresford including the man himself.

Enjoy!
Jo

intothemusic
09-09-2015, 22:20
Thank you Jo!

I have nothing fancy at the moment, some low end Rega stuff (Brio R amp, RS1 speakers and so on). But I noticed that it has some nice synergy together. I'm only playing vinyl at the moment but was thinking of getting a new DAC.

I've had my eyes on a Beresford TC-7534 Caiman MKII for some time, but do not know if that would be the right choice for me.

Barry
09-09-2015, 22:30
Welcome to AoS Henrik,

Your tastes in music are right up my street as well! :)

Any questions you have on DACs, including the Beresford design, just ask. What CD player do you use, or is the DAC intended for computer-audio use? Hopefully you will get all the help you want; we have a lot of very knowledgable members here.

Enjoy the Forum

Regards
Barry

struth
09-09-2015, 22:37
Howdo Henrik. Hope you enjoy the forum. Stan Beresford is a great chap to deal with.

walpurgis
09-09-2015, 22:55
Hello Henrik. Welcome to AOS.

Your taste in music is similar to many of us. You've come to the right place if you want info on Beresford products. They are very popular here and Stan Beresford participates in this forum. There is a trade listing for him too.

You will find that every aspect of Hi-Fi is covered, so I'm sure you'll find plenty to interest you. Feel free to join in the chat.

There is a Gallery section if you'd like to post some system photos. They are always appreciated.

Enjoy the forum,
Geoff.

intothemusic
09-09-2015, 23:12
I feel very welcome, thank you Barry and Grant!:)

I have not had a cd-player in years. Do not like the feeling to connect a computer with the stereo but noticed for me that Squeezebox Classic for example gave more than decent sound for little money. I've tried different USB DAC:s after that and was planning on the Rega DAC R, but it is out of reach at the moment.

That is also why i'm interested in the Beresford DAC. But many seems to tweak and upgrade those products, which makes me a bit uncertain. I'm more just the plug and play kind of guy. Would also be interesting to hear comparsions with products in the same and above price range.

intothemusic
10-09-2015, 00:05
Thank you Geoff.

Bands like Pink Floyd never stops to amaze me, I hear new stuff in the music all the time.

What chat do you mean?

About the photos, it is a mess here at moment, moving soon. I promise take some pictures when I'm settled in the new flat.

Eisener Bart
10-09-2015, 11:11
Welcome, Henrik!

And - photos, photos! :lol:

vegman1973
10-09-2015, 12:54
Welcome to AOS Henrik
I also like your record choices. Have also just purchased new Dac
Mainly for ease of use when you don't feel like flipping records over lol

Eagle owl
12-09-2015, 06:49
Hello and welcome Henrik.

Geoff. :wave:

intothemusic
23-09-2015, 11:14
Welcome to AOS Henrik
I also like your record choices. Have also just purchased new Dac
Mainly for ease of use when you don't feel like flipping records over lol

What DAC did you buy? Just bought myself a Meridian Explorer 2. Does not look much to the world, the sound is another matter. Very happy with the purchase.

I prefer playing records to, but I agree that there is some extra work. I'm in a record cleaning fase right now...

Us-&-Them
23-09-2015, 13:05
Welcome to AOS - there are plenty "into the music" on here :D especially Pink Floyd :eyebrows:!!!