Hi,

Anyone know anything about this CDP?

Regards

Spectral Morn
28-09-2009, 13:31
Hi,

Anyone know anything about this CDP?

Regards

If I remember right its based on a Marantz CD94 mk1/mk2. I have a review of it in Audiophile or Hi-Fi answers I will go have a look.

Regards D S D L

PS I got the review it was in Audiophile Issue 1 July 1990 I have taken a photo so hope you can read it.

Spectral Morn
28-09-2009, 13:48
Radford Ws1 Review

http://i549.photobucket.com/albums/ii364/davros124/Rainbowovertherooftop2005.jpg

http://i549.photobucket.com/albums/ii364/davros124/Rainbowovertherooftop2006.jpg

Regards D S D L

KimKod
28-09-2009, 20:09
Thanks Dalek,

I think i made a mistake by aquire this CDP. I bouth him yesterday on eBay, but i should have done the home work.

I alredy have a CD Marantz 60 modified with a Philips CDM4 and a TDA1541A DAC. The Radford i think it will be more of the same.

The CD 60 have a beutifull sound, very natural and precisious. All acoustics instruments and voices are simple gregorius. Jazz, ethno, world music... :):), but i also listen heavy metal and this kind of music have high frequencies. I think that the DAC with high frequecies get a liltle confused.

So, i like to try and test equiments. Now i have Accuphase E-305V + Proac 1SC + Marantz CD 60 Mod. Second system: NAD 320BEE + Marantz CD 5001 + Monitor Audio 7 MKII.

If I would have the $$$ it would be Copland cd 288 or Teac VRDS 10.

Thanks

Spectral Morn
28-09-2009, 21:15
Thanks Dalek,

I think i made a mistake by aquire this CDP. I bouth him yesterday on eBay, but i should have done the home work.

I alredy have a CD Marantz 60 modified with a Philips CDM4 and a TDA1541A DAC. The Radford i think it will be more of the same.

The CD 60 have a beutifull sound, very natural and precisious. All acoustics instruments and voices are simple gregorius. Jazz, ethno, world music... :):), but i also listen heavy metal and this kind of music have high frequencies. I think that the DAC with high frequecies get a liltle confused.

So, i like to try and test equiments. Now i have Accuphase E-305V + Proac 1SC + Marantz CD 60 Mod. Second system: NAD 320BEE + Marantz CD 5001 + Monitor Audio 7 MKII.

If I would have the $$$ it would be Copland cd 288 or Teac VRDS 10.

Thanks

Your welcome.

In my very humble opinion I think the WS1 is a better cdp than your CD60...at least potentially. As a platform its better in that it has a Philips CM1 laser mechanism and that is about as good as it gets bar Teac Vrds mechanisms. If the config is the same as a Marantz CD94 mk2 then it will have twin TDA1541 dacs per channel in a dual differential layout. This allows for a great platform for tweaks and mods. I have a CD94mk2 and its a very good CDP even by todays standards.

What part of the world are you from ?

Regards D S D L

KimKod
28-09-2009, 22:16
Hi Dalek,

I'm from Portugal.

How can i know this:

... If the config is the same as a Marantz CD94 mk2 then it will have twin TDA1541 dacs per channel in a dual differential layout. This allows for a great platform for tweaks and mods. Regards D S D L ?

Regards