PDA

View Full Version : Hi from sunny Surrey

rodgerdodger15
01-09-2015, 21:05
Hi Everyone,

My name is Roger. I've been interested in Music and Hi-Fi since the mid-sixties when I was a teenager and everything was groovy.

My tastes in music range from folk to rock and include punk, new wave, heavy metal, alternate country and a lot else. My favourite band has forever been Blue Oyster Cult.

I've had a great deal of different pieces of equipment since buying my first hi-fi in about 1967. Those were the days of the Laskys chain and many independent retailers. Every town had several hi-fi shops in those days. I was a regular upgrader although sometimes the results went the opposite way and were more of a downgrade unfortunately. But in those days I didn't know you had to let audio equipment run in properly before judging it. I used to think it was equipment mismatch most of the time and pass it on as quickly as possible.

Currently I'm using an XTZ amplifier, Audiolab CDP (and Njoe Tjoebe CDP as well) and PMC FB1 speakers. Recently I revived my Rega Planar 3 deck (1970's vintage) from the garage and its running perfectly again. Sadly the Dyanavector 10X2 had disintegrated over the years. Such a shame!

These days I do most of my listening via iPod. I have 6 or 7 iPods and docking stations all over the place including the kitchen and bathroom.

Both my garage and loft are cluttered with pieces of audio equipment collected over the years. Sadly the secondhand shop I used to trade with closed down some years ago.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to being a member on this forum.

Best regards, Roger

struth
01-09-2015, 21:22
Welcome to AoS Roger. Sounds like you like to try things; we have a lot of members who like that, although naming no names. I hope you enjoy the forum

Eisener Bart
01-09-2015, 21:28
Hi Everyone,

My name is Roger. I've been interested in Music and Hi-Fi since the mid-sixties when I was a teenager and everything was groovy.

My tastes in music range from folk to rock and include punk, new wave, heavy metal, alternate country and a lot else. My favourite band has forever been Blue Oyster Cult.

I've had a great deal of different pieces of equipment since buying my first hi-fi in about 1967. Those were the days of the Laskys chain and many independent retailers. Every town had several hi-fi shops in those days. I was a regular upgrader although sometimes the results went the opposite way and were more of a downgrade unfortunately. But in those days I didn't know you had to let audio equipment run in properly before judging it. I used to think it was equipment mismatch most of the time and pass it on as quickly as possible.

Currently I'm using an XTZ amplifier, Audiolab CDP (and Njoe Tjoebe CDP as well) and PMC FB1 speakers. Recently I revived my Rega Planar 3 deck (1970's vintage) from the garage and its running perfectly again. Sadly the Dyanavector 10X2 had disintegrated over the years. Such a shame!

These days I do most of my listening via iPod. I have 6 or 7 iPods and docking stations all over the place including the kitchen and bathroom.

Both my garage and loft are cluttered with pieces of audio equipment collected over the years. Sadly the secondhand shop I used to trade with closed down some years ago.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to being a member on this forum.

Best regards, Roger

Welcome, Roger,

please show some photos of your System.

Spectral Morn
01-09-2015, 21:30
Welcome to AoS Roger :cool:

Regards Neil

walpurgis
01-09-2015, 22:39
Hello Roger. Welcome to AOS.

You sound rather like me (I don't use iPods though :)). Must be around the same age too. Are you retired?

Your description of equipment stored about is much like mine. Don't keep any gear in the garage though, too damp and cold.

Do you have any plans for your Hi-Fi? We'd like to hear about anything you may have in mind.

Have a look around and you'll find that every aspect of Hi-Fi is covered here.

If you have questions, locate the appropriate section and ask away, or just join in with the chat and have a bit of fun. If you have general Hi-Fi queries use the Blank Canvas area. You'll be given loads of replies.

Enjoy the forum,
Geoff.

Puffin
02-09-2015, 06:38
Hi Roger from another Surrey resident.

orbscure
02-09-2015, 06:48

+1 & welcome from another member of the Surrey HiFi mafia... ;)

PaulStewart
02-09-2015, 11:28

+1 & welcome from another member of the Surrey HiFi mafia... ;)

+2 From another (the Surrey Mafia is growing, be time for our own bake off soon :) )

hifinutt
02-09-2015, 18:25
and welcome from an ex surrey resident !!! [redhill and Reigate]

Barry
03-09-2015, 12:46
Welcome to AoS Roger.

Nice introduction! If you do want to get rid of your unwanted audio 'clutter', then you could always put them up for sale here. All we ask is you provide an accurate description and some photos of the actual items you have for sale (plus a price of course).

However before you do this, you will need to make a half dozen or so posts, before you can use the Private Message facility. So get stuck in: there are sections for just about every aspect of music and it's reproduction.

Enjoy the Forum

Regards
Barry

rodgerdodger15
04-09-2015, 13:03
Thank you all for your friendly welcomes.

Puffin
04-09-2015, 13:33
Yea, now that we have softened you up, the Surrey Mob will be round to nick all ya stuff:eek: