PDA

View Full Version : Vinyl like Wine?

The Black Adder
26-08-2015, 17:58
Hi all.

I recently stumbled on this place. It's run in the same way as a wine merchant. Has anyone seen this before? It's a first for me... or in fact, do anyone subscribe to this place?

Is this the future?

http://flyingvinyl.co.uk/information

Macca
26-08-2015, 18:03
Wondered what you meant about the wine merchant but I see what you mean now I've had a look.

People will take a blind punt on wine but they will do it with music? Suppose it depends on the wine merchant's track record.

Marco
27-08-2015, 13:41
Superficially, I like the idea, but it's biggest drawback is almost no-one these days [other than diehard daftees like me, and some kids into Indie music new releases] plays 7" singles.

Marco.

Desmo
27-08-2015, 15:12
Superficially, I like the idea, but it's biggest drawback is almost no-one these days [other than diehard daftees like me, and some kids into Indie music new releases] plays 7" singles.

Marco.

I was in a pub in London on Tuesday with a 7" vinyl jukebox. However it seems that they had not added any new music to it since c. 1987. At least that was all that the punters making the choices were selecting. I walked in to the pub, and a Joe Jackson song was playing.....

The Black Adder
27-08-2015, 15:15
I've not seen a 7" JB for years... how cool!

Yep, 45's are certainly not played much with me. If it was 12" EP's and LP's it would be much better.

skimminstones
27-08-2015, 19:11
seen these advertising on twitter. i did consider subscribing but then thought i rarely ever listen to 7" and 20 quid for 5 bands ill probably never have heard of just didnt seem worth it.