PDA

View Full Version : newbie.. well sort of.

Ashtray83
23-08-2015, 07:19
Hello everyone, from brisbane Australia. I am in the process of building a basic budget home system, i used to dj trance music 15 years ago and have changed and refined my tastes. I now enjoy lots of different music including all types of electronic dance music, rap/hip hop, some pop and classical.
My current set up is a pair of Mission M74 floor standing speakers and i have my Technics 1200 TT, no amp just yet. i did have a two channel power amp and large pa speakers but they have recently been sold. when i want to enjoy music now i have a vintage pair of open pioneer headphones.

Spectral Morn
23-08-2015, 09:02
Welcome to AoS, I hope you find what you need here and enjoy the forum.

Regards Neil

walpurgis
23-08-2015, 10:00
Hi Rodney. Welcome to AOS.

If you're putting a system together, you'll find loads of info here. Every aspect of Hi-Fi is covered.

If you have questions, just find the appropriate section and ask. Or for general Hi-Fi chat use the Blank Canvas area.

Enjoy the forum,
Geoff.

Barry
23-08-2015, 15:16
Welcome to AoS Rodney.

Enjoy the Forum

Regards
Barry

Us-&-Them
23-08-2015, 19:37
Hi Rodney

I better behave myself with my replies - I think some people are finding my comments more nutty than helpful. I like to be light-hearted; life is always too bloody serious isnt it :) Anyways, let your own ears do the talking; (that's a strange contrary statement isn't it) basically what I am trying to say is let your own ears tell you what sounds good if/when you audition something. Nobody else has to listen (long term) to it other than you so, its you who should decide what to buy by judging the sound for yourself. Recommendations are simply that - auditioning and judging what sounds good to your ears is what counts :)

I hope that is helpful :thumbsup:

Regards from (one of the) nutter of the forum :D

Eagle owl
24-08-2015, 18:58
Hello and welcome Rodney.

Geoff. :wave:

Floyddroid
26-08-2015, 19:09
Welcome