PDA

View Full Version : Hello

Truckletheuncivil
18-08-2015, 20:22
Hello. I’ve always enjoyed music - live and recorded. I listen to punk, rock, electronic, reggae, and anything I’ve never heard before. First ‘proper’ hifi (rather than whatever was cheapest in Sue Ryder shops) I bought in 1990/91 was an AR turntable with AR arm, Musical Fidelity B1 amp and Mission 761 speakers. It stayed like this until 2007 when I got a Michell tecnodec with an RB250 arm. The arm was later changed for a Roksan Nima, and the amp is now a Separo SE88i with a Firestone Audio phono stage. As you can probably tell I’m not into changing things very often.

Us-&-Them
18-08-2015, 20:33
Hello. I’ve always enjoyed music - live and recorded. I listen to punk, rock, electronic, reggae, and anything I’ve never heard before. First ‘proper’ hifi (rather than whatever was cheapest in Sue Ryder shops) I bought in 1990/91 was an AR turntable with AR arm, Musical Fidelity B1 amp and Mission 761 speakers. It stayed like this until 2007 when I got a Michell tecnodec with an RB250 arm. The arm was later changed for a Roksan Nima, and the amp is now a Separo SE88i with a Firestone Audio phono stage. As you can probably tell I’m not into changing things very often.

MATE, IF IT AINT BROKE, WHY TRY TO FIX IT !!! Welcome to AOS ;)

walpurgis
18-08-2015, 20:49
Hello Kevin. Welcome to AOS.

Tell us about the rest of your system and bung some photos in the Gallery if you like. They'll be appreciated.

I'm sure you'll find plenty to interest you here.

Enjoy the forum,
Geoff.

struth
18-08-2015, 20:59
Welcome Kevin. I hope you enjoy the forum.

Saber
19-08-2015, 13:12
Had to laugh at your sue ryder comment as that's where my Kef coda 8s came from :)

Welcome to the forum, have fun!

Truckletheuncivil
19-08-2015, 21:20
You did better than me, best thing I ever found was a turntable with built in amp and separate speakers which was badged as 'Reader's Digest' but the volume control went up to 12 so it was obviously louder than Spinal Tap!
will try and take some pics once current decorating frenzy finishes and everything can go back where it belongs.

Eagle owl
22-08-2015, 13:40
Hello and welcome Kevin.

Geoff. :wave:

Barry
23-08-2015, 16:10
Welcome to AoS Kevin,

Your Acoustic Research was a very good turntable in it's day and was the forerunner to most belt drives, such as the Thorens TD150 and the (infamous) Linn LP12. However your current Michell deck and Roksan arm is an improvement. The rest of your gear looks pretty good as well, although I'm not at all familiar with Separo SE88i amplifier.

I applaud your broad taste in music,

Enjoy the Forum

Regards
Barry

Truckletheuncivil
27-08-2015, 13:27
Quite right Barry, it was a great turntable. The amp is a made in China and was bought second hand but seems well made and works well. Had a look through the 'album of the month' - interesting range of musical styles in there - will try and have a listen to current selection.
Thanks
Kev

Saber
27-08-2015, 22:36
"turntable with built in amp and separate speakers which was badged as 'Reader's Digest"

I have a Spinney record deck ( BSR unit from the littlewoods catalogue! )with built in amp and seperate speakers right now that my parents kept form the late 7os early 80s I guess.

I should post a pic of the thing, trully awfull but i love it, my first taste of music was from it on my parents sideboard so I think ill keep it. :)